Chapter 10

3 days before the estimated end of the travel, the girl and the boy stop at an inn. This was the last one, the territory, where Orochi was, is encircled by a spiritual dense forest. 7 knows it was their last calm moments because, knowing their destination, intelligent people and strong demons gather themselves in that forest, a perfect localization for an ambush. The last 3 days of travel will be the most dangerous one, even for Seven, but strangely it wasn't the forest that the boy fears the most, but what will happen after. The more he was close to the end, the more he tries to avoid thinking of it. He will give the girl,  what will happen after will have nothing to do with him... it's what he was supposed to do and it's for the best, isn't it?

The girl was sleeping and Seven was at the window. Suddenly a presence.  Seven was ready to draw his sword but seeing the newcomers, he did nothing. A silhouette was standing on the roof in front of Seven.

7 "What are you doing here, Blue Phoenix?"

BP  "... Not even a greetings ... always strait to the point, I see, I'm  here for the girl, I suppose it's her, why isn't she attached?"

7  angry from this last word but hiding it "Shadow killers aren't allowed  to disturb or steal another shadow killer mission, are you forgetting  that?"

BP "Of course not. That the chief who send me."

This last sentence stresses a bit Seven but as always he hides it.

7 "the chief?"

BP  "yes. The chief was a bit... worried. He said that it was a too-long mission even for you. He said that it was a too important mission to let it fail and too important to let only one shadow killer on it. So he sends me as ... backup"

7 "backup? Useless, I don't need help."

BP  "He also congratulated you for the work you already did and send me to tell you that if you want to stop this mission here, you have his approval. If you wish to go for a more interesting mission, I and n°3  will finish this mission with the chief approval."

7 "No. Unnecessary. I will finish the mission alone."

BP  "It isn't the chief orders. Having two men for this mission will reassure him. Actually, you see the chief is a bit worried that you maybe lose the track of the mission... and I'm starting to be too..."

7 with a deadly look "Well tell the chief that I have never failed a mission and that will not fail this one either. Go back to him and tell him that I don't need backup and that I will never need one. That he can sleep well because the mission will be a success, I will make sure of it. »

7 with a more deadly look « And for you, I advise you to remember that at the opposite of you, I'm classed best assassin and that you should never question my skill as a killer. It's MY mission and my mission alone, I will kill everyone who interferes with it including you if necessary, I was clear?"

BP « shadow killers aren't supposed to fight each other are you forgetting that? »

7 « Until they are not interfering in their mission. My mission, my rules. »

BP ".... ....fine as you wish. I will transfer the message"

Then Blue Phoenix disappears. The boy looks for him with his Qi but he was already gone, good.

The coming of blue Phoenix put pressure on Seven again. Like a living reminder that the failure of this mission wasn't an option. Seven starts to be stressed again, Blue phoenix coming was no good. Everybody in Xuanwu has their eyes on him and he should send the girl to the dragon, he haves no other choice. He knows it was the only option,  Orochi is the protector of Xuanwu farming territory, a giant dragon snake that has a huge Qi power. If he didn't successfully give the girl, this creature will never leave her until one of them die, and it isn't even sure that a monster like Orochi can die. The girl was destined to die by Orochi's hands or another demon, whether he want it or not. The only thing he could do now is make sure to finish the mission.