One Shot 2

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan was working in the white couch of the living room when Aru ran to him. Without waiting for her to climb the couch , he kept his laptop aside and picked her up and made her sit on his lap.

"Papa...." She screamed loudly burying her face into his neck.

"What happened mela choco pie?" He asked in his baby voice and cupped her face pulling her back to see her face.

"Papa mumma wants me to pierce my ears....i don't want it...." She screamed and threw her hands up in the air. She was this close to crying.

"Shittar padegi Aru....come let's go...." Teja said rolling her eyes and came out of the room holding her stomach. She was 6 months pregnant now.

"Oh hello?what shittar?" He asked in shock.

"I am going to be a punjabi dad...." She imitated him , as he had said in the Bigg Boss house. "Shittar se humne duniyaye haseel ki hai....yehi bolta tha nuh?convince her and take her to get her ear pierced....use your shittar now...."

"My daughter will not do anything which she doesn't want...." He made Aru stand on the couch and she smiled widely at her papa.

"I will break your head sunny....shut up...." She said in irritation.

"Do whatever you want with me....but choco pie doesn't want to get her ears pierced so she won't...." He said sternly.

"Acchhaa?how will she wear earrings?baby you don't wear earrings?like mumma wears?" Teja pointed at the earring she was wearing.

Aru nodded sadly.

"Then?you have to Aru...." She shrugged.

"It will hurt her....no way....no need to wear earrings...." Karan said strictly.

"How will her boyfriend help her select earrings then?" Teja asked raising her brows.

Aru frowned. What was her mother saying?

"Oh hello....what boyfriend?" Karan asked frowning.

"You forgot how you used to do it back then?even now you do it....but husband later first boyfriend...." Teja smirked at him.

"Saale ki mooh na tod doon mai....bada aaya hai earrings select karne....all the more reason that she will not get her ear pierced....and my decision is final...." He said strictly.

"Really?" Teja smiled sarcastically.

*****

They stood outside the piercing parlour in a mall and karan kept patting Aru's back to calm her down. To say that she was freaked out would be an understatement.

"Papa will get you your favourite ice cream....all the toys that you want....please don't be scared...." He said slowly. He himself was shit scared.

They went inside and Teja spoke to the girl who was about to get Aru's ears pierced.

Karan made Aru sit on the chair and the girl caressed her hair and eased the environment a bit for Aru.

Karan stood aside clenching his jaw in fear. He was holding his breath as the girl did the first gun shot on Aru's right ear.

"Karan....relax....see she is fine...." Teja entwined her fingers with his. He looked at her nervously and then looked at Aru restlessly. She was pretty okay after one piercing.

"See...." Teja said softly and Karan relaxed a bit.

"You sit Teja....and drink some water...." He said looking at her softly.

"I am good...." She said with a smile and by that time the other ear was also pierced.

Aru jumped off the chair after the procedure was over and ran to them.

"Did it hurt?" He asked and kissed her cheeks after picking her up.

"No papa...." She shook her head cutely.

"We will go and get new earrings for you...." He said lovingly.

"Okay papa...." She clapped happily.

Teja did the billing and they went out.

"Should we grab ice cream first or earrings?" He asked looking at the girls.

"Earrings?" Teja frowned.

"Yeah....obviously I am gonna select earrings for her...." He shrugged casually and bought ice creams for the ladies and gave them one cone each and went to a jewellery store of one of the biggest franchise of the country.

"Earrings for babies....preferably rings....gold and diamond...." Teja instructed the sales person as they greeted the three of them into the store.

Teja sat in front of the counter and Karan sat beside her with Aru on his lap.

The sales person showed them a tray of their best collection.

Teja looked at Karan and he smiled widely. It was the first time he will be doing that for his chocopie.

"I will take di on con call and ask her to select...." Teja took her phone out and was about to dial madhu di.

"Oh hello?uss ko zyaada pata hoga?i will do it...." Karan said sternly and Teja controlled her laughter. She knew he would react like that.

Karan selected some earrings and kept those separated.

"Chocopie?which ones do you like?" He asked pointing at the ones he had selected. There were four pairs.

Aru made a confused face and looked at Teja.

"Forget it....we will take all of these....she can change and wear it...." He said kissing her hair.

"No...." Teja said immediately.

"Yes...." Karan said frowning.

"You will spoil her Sunny...." She said hopelessly.

Karan ignored her protests and asked the person to get all of those packed.

"And we will take that as well...." Karan pointed at a diamond necklace and earrings set that was there in the showcase.

"Huh?" Teja looked at him shocked.

Karan again ignored her and went to the billing counter with Aru in his arms and Teja followed with a helpless face. Karan was a libra , Aru was a libra and the kid coming will also be a libra according to the date given by the doctor. She will go mad for sure.

Karan took the bag from the counter and went outside.

"What was that for?" She asked frowning.

"For your birthday...." He shrugged casually.

"Birthday?you mean cake?" Aru clapped and licked her lips. Karan chuckled and nodded.

"You are crazy...." She rolled her eyes.

"You think i hadn't noticed how you had looked at that set the moment we entered the store?and you didn't even look at anything else and actually looked at it twice or thrice...." He said looking into her eyes as he made both the ladies sit at the back seat of his car.

Teja looked at him without reacting. How he notices every small movement that she does without even making it evident.

He closed the door and sat the in the driver seat.

"So baby pull me closer in the back seat of your rover...." He hummed and started the engine and Teja blushed deeply listening to him and Aru sat with her legs up on the seat making the seat of his favourite car go dirty.