Epilogue

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja threw the cards on Karan and Omi's face.

"what nonsense is this?i wanted mauve painting catalogue for the baby's room...." she said angrily , sitting on the bed.

"but teja bhai these are mauv...." Omi stopped seeing her angry face. Karan was standing quietly. He knew it was not a good time to open his mouth. Not when your wife is six months pregnant.

"none of these are the correct mauves....some are less mauves and some are more mauves...." she said munching on the chips and licked the spices off her fingers.

"i will get the correct mauve...." Omi said , his voice unsure of what exactly she meant but he agreed anyway.

"papa i am hungry...." Aru said loudly from the lounge.

"yes choco pie....coming with dinner...." he answered loudly from their bedroom.

"even i am hungry...." teja said throwing the empty packet of chips on the floor and got up holding her stomach.

Karan picked up the packets from the floor and held her hand.

"laddoo let's have dinner....Omi will fix the paint don't worry....right Omi?" he looked at him controlling his laughter and Omi glared at him.

He made Teja sit on the couch comfortably and made Aru sit beside her and fed them slowly till they were full and put them to sleep.

The next day was hectic for Karan. He had shoot and a couple of meetings to attend. He had instructed his team to take care of Teja and Aru. It was almost 11 at night when he came home and unlocked the door and was baffled to see Aru sitting on the couch of the living room and was crying loudly throwing her hands and legs and was screaming. His team and Teja were trying to calm her down but nothing was helping.

"what happened to my choco pie...." he ran to her and picked her up immediately and she cried more seeing him.

"what happened to her?"he looked at Teja and his team getting panicked.

Omi went and switched on the TV and started to stream his show. The episode had a scene where he was playing with a little girl of roughly Aru's age and was kissing her cheeks just like he does to Aru. The girl was the on screen niece of the character that he was playing.

"she thinks papa doesn't love her....papa got new choco pie...." Omi said laughing.

Karan felt like laughing but knew that would hurt Aru. Like mother , like daughter. Possessive to the world's end.

"awe my choco pie...." he said cuddling her tightly.

"papa...." she cried and breathed heavily and buried her face into the crook of his neck.

"my baby....my choco pie...." he said rubbing her back and kissed her hair softly. "don't cry baby....papa doesn't like it...." he said softly and wiped her tears. He sat on the couch and made her stand on his thighs.

"whatever happens on TV is not real baby....papa always comes back to choco pie nuh?papa drops choco pie to school , picks her up....papa feed choco pie....we go to the park....papa is only choco pie's okay?but you know nuh your little sibling is coming soon?then papa will equally love choco pie and chotu baby okay?and choco pie has to love chotu baby more than she loves papa mumma....you know why?because chotu baby will love choco pie the most....chotu baby will be choco pie's responsibility just like mumma takes care of mamu?just like bua takes care of me?" he said kissing her forehead.

"me and chotu baby....nobody else...." she shook her head vigorously , still sniffing a little.

"okay....papa promises you....nobody else...." he hugged her tightly.

He rocked her in her arms for sometime till she calm down.

Omi took her to the balcony to get her a little more distracted so that they could feed her dinner.

"laddoo i will tell you from now on if there is a scene with any kid okay?make sure she doesn't watch those episodes...." he said chuckling and caressed her stomach. "how is mumma and baby?"

"missed you so much sunnyyyyyyy...." she said cuddling him.

"my babies...." he hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead. "by the way i got the new health drink with chocolate flavour like you wanted....i will make it for you in the morning...."

She looked at him and smiled softly. The way he never forgets anything about her and Aru.

Omi came and gave Aru to Karan and left for his home.

"dinner babies?" he asked looking at them.

"five minutes...." Aru and Teja said together buring their faces into the crooks of his neck from both side.

He chuckled and caressed their hair and looked around at the scattered cushions and toys and chocolate wrappers on the couch and centre table.

His house was a mess because of his babies , but his life and heart was full.

NOTE: I had so much to write in the epilogue but it would have been stretched. although this story has ended but was thinking about continuing this thread with a few one shots about TejRan with their kids and different situations. Do let me know if it is a good idea. And thanks for showering the story with so much love. Do let me know how you felt about the epilogue. Love.

TejRan : What Love Feels Likeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें