Part-6

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan got up and looked at aru's sleeping face and chuckled softly. He kissed her forehead and caressed her cheeks before getting up and going outside to the lounge to see teja sitting on the swing in the balcony with her warm water. He went to the kitchen and made tea for themselves and went to the balcony to keep in on the small table in front of the swing and sipped his own tea.

"i have called a team of interior designers....they will come in half an hour....we will together decide the design of the playroom and then we can leave for the mall...."

"karan are you mad?what is the need of a team of interior designer?just get the room painted in pink and we will bring in a study table and wardrobe that will be enough...."

"no that is not enough...." he said immediately. "she is my daughter....she will get her customised play room....with swing and slides as i promised her and we will buy story books and games from the mall and dresses as well....what else do kids need?hair bands?oh yes baby soap shampoo and all those toiletries...." before he could complete she cut him off.

"she has dresses and shampoo and soap karan...." she rolled her eyes. "she has games and books as well...."

"we will get more....is there a problem?" he asked looking at her in irritation.

"nope....how about a sports car?" she asked sarcastically.

"not now....we can get that once she turns eighteen...." he didn't get that she was being sarcastic.

"karan you will spoil her...." she said exasperated.

"no i will not....we will make sure she learns values and ethics and respects everyone and stays disciplined.... but that doesn't mean she won't get toys and dresses and hairbands...." he said immediately.

Teja wanted to laugh at his childish behavior but knew that if she did he will get angry.

"okay...." she said biting her cheeks to stop her laughter.

"i don't think i said anything funny...." he knew her to well to know that she was holding back her laughter.

"absolutely not...." she said sarcastically and got up taking the cup of tea. "thanks for this...." and with that she walked out.

Both of them had freshened up and Aru was still sleeping , so they made minimum noise.

"karan there is a problem...." she muttered.

"what now?" he asked her while sipping his second cup of tea.

"there is picture of us with aru from the set all over the internet and articles are already published...." she said scanning through her phone.

"i knew this would happen....we should issue a joint statement on instagram....you decide what should we write...." he didn't want to force her to give any statement of his choice.

"we can say i took a break from work for aru and was staying with family to spend time with them....we had no intentions of hiding her just that we didn't want any attention on her?we can frame it in a nice way?" she asked him. He nodded a little. No intention of hiding her. You hid her from me tejasswi. No intention of hiding her. He thought.

"karan how will we go to the mall?we might get mobbed right....it will be really not cool with aru...." she said with concern.

"not that i didn't think about this....but that doesn't mean choco pie won't have a normal life right?we can ask the paps to be sensitive and i am sure they will be....and even the people will respect it i am sure....i cannot let her be at home and not have a normal lifestyle just because her parents are actors....she should not feel that she is different from other kids....that might mess with her mind...." he said with concern. "don't worry i will handle that....omi will handle that...."