Part-7

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"karan...." she patted his cheeks softly. Panick slowly creeped into her system.

"hmm...." she heard him say but her didn't open his eyes. He was subconscious.

"shit...." she gulped and shook him softly. "karan...."

"mm...." came his almost inaudible mumbling.

Teja quickly wrapped her arms around his shoulder and held his hand to make him stand and immediately realised that it would be impossible for her to make him stand let alone take him to the room.

"doctor...." she muttered and rushed out of the door and rang their neighbour's bell frantically.

After a couple minutes a man in his early sixties opened the door.

"teju?beta?" his sleepy eyes were replaced with the happiness of seeing her after years.

"uncle....uncle i'll explain everything later....where is aunty?can you please call her....i wouldn't have disturbed you this late but karan has really high fever and is almost subconscious....and i am not even being able to take him inside....uncle...." she fumbled through her words.

"teju relax....i will call your aunty and we both will come right away....you go and be with sunny...."

Teja nodded and ran back into their apartment.

"karan...." she sat beside him and held his hand and rubbed his palm. She didn't even know when tears had started to drip along her cheeks.

Within a few minuted their neighbour couple came inside. The lady was a doctor and both of them were very dear to karan and teja. The man held karan and took him inside the room and made him lay down on the bed beside aru. Aru had woken up in the commotion.

"papa...." she frowned seeing him.

Teja looked at the couple to find them staring at aru with love and affection.

"uncle aunty i'll explain everything...." teja said slowly.

The lady sat beside karan to check on him.

"teju this is his stomach flue....he had it last year also twice so i know his medical history and symptoms of this fever and how he reacts to it....and fever comes when the stomach pain becomes worse....we need to start the medication immediately...."

"aunty we had pizza and butter chicken today....he had pizza yesterday also...." she said in exasperation.

"fever doesn't come in one day teja....he had stomach pain for a couple of days atleast and over that he had junk...."

Teja looked at the ceiling in fear as more tears came down her cheeks.

"beta relax...." uncle patted her head.

"i'll bring the medicines...." she somehow managed to say in her choked voice.

"you stay here....i will bring it...." uncle said strictly and went out.

"teju after the medicine put a wet cloth on his forehead....it will reduce the temperature...." aunty said and caressed his hair.

"aunty he is not fully conscious...." teja said slowly.

"once the fever is down he will be...." she said softly. "don't worry beta...."

Uncle came back with the medicines and teja immediately made him have those carefully putting his head a little up.