One Shot 1

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Stone paper scissors...." karan said and brought his hand from behind him , his fingers pointed with a V indicating scissors while Aru brought her hands in a fist with a stone.

"Yaayyyy...." She giggled and hit his fingers with her fist.

"I lost again?" Karan pouted and made a sad face.

"I won papa....let's play again?" She said clapping her hands.

Karan looked at Omi who was sitting behind Aru and was gesturing Karan what she was hiding behind her back , stone , paper or scissors. Omi would gesture Karan and he would purposely lose making his choco pie squeal in joy.

Teja came out of the kitchen rolling her eyes.

"Aru bring your comb....let me tie your hair...." Teja said and sat on the couch beside Karan , Aru and Omi.

"I will bring...." Omi got up and Teja pulled him down and made him sit again.

"No....she will bring....you two will not let her learn anything...." She rolled her eyes. "Aru baby....go and bring the comb...."

"Yes mumma...." She said sweetly and got off the couch carefully and ran into the room.

"Are you mad Sunny?so much planning just to make her win a stone paper scissor game?" She said rolling her eyes and handed him a bowl of watermelon and gave the other bowl to Omi.

"You cut these?why?" He frowned immediately.

"Why as in?" She frowned.

"Teja I have asked you not to work in the kitchen....will you ever like for once listen to me?" He said in irritation.

"What is your problem if I work in the kitchen?" She snapped at him.

"I do not want you to work in the kitchen or do any household work for that matter....you are pregnant...."

"Exactly....I am pregnant....not sick...." She said throwing her hands up in the air in exasperation.

"Laddoo....i will never interfere in your professional work and you know that....i am nobody to do that....but household chores....nope...." He shook his head. "Omi....can you please help me with this?please if you can appoint one more help in the kitchen apart from Manoj....it will get difficult for Manoj to manage so much also...."

Omi nodded and took his phone out to arrange for another help.

"Are you mad Sunny?we are just three people....this guy has lost it....ganapati bappa please take care of him....he has gone mad...."

Aru came back with her comb and sat in front of Teja and she tied her hair.

"Baby drink this....yummy juice...." She hand Aru a sipper with watermelon juice.

Aru smiled happily. Thank God it was not milk. She didn't mind watermelon juice. She quickly took a sip and licked her lips. It was indeed yummy.

Karan chuckled knowing what she was thinking. Just like him , she hated milk and loved fruits.

He took a piece of watermelon with a fork and put it in his mouth.

"Papa no...." Aru screamed but it was too late. Karan has chewed it in a jiffy and swallowed it.

"What?" He frowned looking at Aru.

And before they could understand what was happening , Aru burst into tears.

"Arrey baby...." Karan quickly kept the bowl away and pulled her on his lap.

Teja looked at her worried and moved closer.

"What happened baby?" Teja asked caressing her hair.

"Mummaaaa...." Aru cried loudly.

"Haan mera bacchhaa what happened?" She kissed her forehead and cheeks immediately and a helpless Karan looked over to an equally helpless Omi.

"Papa swallowed a watermelon seed....a tree will come out of his head...." She screamed and cried.

Karan , Teja and Omi looked at each other and bit their cheeks to stop themselves from laughing loudly.

"Nothing will happen baby...." Karan said somehow trying hard not to laugh.

"You don't know papa...." She wiped her eyes and touch his stomach and then the top of his head. "Papa...." She threw her tiny arms around his neck and buried her face into his neck.

"I had watermelon seeds so many times before....nothing happened baby...." Karan said kissing her hair.

"All seeds don't become tree....some trees do...." She said sniffing. "Papa don't drink water...."

"What?why?" Teja asked frowning.

"Dadi says we have to water seeds so that they become tree....if papa drinks water....for sure it will turn out to be a tree...." Her sniffs turned into snobs again.

"Baby....let's go and get some fresh air....we will go to the park okay?" Omi got up and picked her up. Park always helped her to calm down when she was crying.

Karan smiled softly at him and caressed Aru's hair.

"Don't worry papa won't drink water...." He said softly.

"Promise?" She asked innocently.

"Promise...." He said lovingly and Omi took her downstairs.

"So you won't have water right?" Teja asked softly knowing very well he will never break a promise. "Till when?"

"I don't know...." He chuckled. "May be till the time i poop and tell her that the seed went out...."

"Shiiiii...." She said making a face and Karan giggled pulling her closer to him and kept her head against his chest and wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

"You are feeling okay nuh Laddoo?do you feel any discomfort?" He asked softly.

She shook her head and kissed his chest.

"I want kesar pesta ice cream though...." She said softly with a cute pute.

He quickly took out his phone and ordered the ice cream.

"Anything else ma'am?" He asked kissing her forehead.

She nodded.

"What?" He asked kissing her forehead again.

"You...." She winked and kissed him immediately , pulling his hair softly as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back with equal passion.