Part-8

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"i have some questions...." she said slowly.

"yeah?" he gestured her to go ahead.

"about that evening...." she said and karan's face went stiff.

"why now teja?when four years back you left without asking the same questions i am assuming you will be asking now...." he said with a straight face.

"karan don't you think that i deserve to know this?deserve an explanation?"she went inside the balcony and stood in front of him.

He got up from the swing and went near the railing and looked at the sky.

"i also deserved a chance to explain then...." he said blankly.

"why do you make me feel as if i was the one at fault when clearly you did something much worse....much much worse...." she said angrily.

"Do not blame me when you don't know anything...." he looked at her and finally lost his calm.

"i saw everything so do not even try to prove me wrong...."

"cool then....you saw everything right?then why are asking me?" he said looking straight into her eyes.

"i am asking why did you do it?"she gulped.

"if you believe it to be true then i don't have any explanation because there can't be one right?"

"there can't be one....but the way you are saying it....i don't know what to feel....how can you be so nonchalant?" she fought to stop her tears.

"you know why?because i am not wrong....i know it....and i don't care if you do not believe me....not now....yes i was hurt four years back....when i saw the letter and came back to an empty house....when i didn't even understand what have i done until i read your letter....i was not given any chance to explain....i was kept away from my baby....my first baby....i missed her first cry....i missed her first crawl....i missed her first walk....is this a joke to you?because it is not to me...." he choked and wiped his tears quickly and was about to move out of the balcony.

"karan...." she held his hand. "if we are staying together....if we are trying this for the sake of aru we have to make sure we are atleast cordial....for that we have to be clear of our past....because we both have questions and want answers...." she said calmly.

"find it out....why will i give your answers teja?find it out...." he said looking into her eyes and went outside.

The night was a tough one for teja. She didn't have the heart to move out of the balcony. Her feet felt heavy. She sat on the floor leaning on the railing and buried her face into her knees. She stayed there throughout the night.

Karan laid down beside Aru and stayed awake throughout the night. He knew teja was in the balcony. That was always her favorite place to sit and calm herself when she was stressed and anxious. He wanted to go to her badly and hug her tightly to make her feel a bit calmer. But he didn't want to. His mind was a mess and he didn't want to face her at all.

It was almost at the time of sunrise when he got up and finally went out and stood at the door of the balcony.

He looked at teja carefully. She had her eyes closed and was leaning her head on the wall behind. He knew that she was not sleeping.

"we have an early call time....we will drop choco pie on the way and i will pick her up taking a break from shoot...." he said calmly.

Teja looked at him and nodded , got up and left. He closed his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. He didn't know how to deal with this any more.