Part-12

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan parked the car and picked up a sleeping Aru from Teja's lap and went upstairs. He took her to the room , made her lay down on the bed and went directly to the washroom to freshen up. Teja sat on the couch leaning her head back.

The bell rang.

Teja got up lazily and opened the door to find Omi stand there. She gave him a warm smile.

"come bhaiya...." she went inside and he followed.

"can you do one thing if i ask you to?" he asked her out of the blue.

"yes for sure....but what?" she looked back at him and frowned.

"i will tell you but first tell me where is karan bhai?" he asked looking around.

"he is taking a shower...."

"good...." he quickly took the remote of the TV and connected it with the WIFI. "you have to watch his web series...." he said as he surfed through the options.

"what?are you serious?" she asked in irritation. Out of everyone Omi was asking her to watch the show. The show which she hated. The show which broke her heart and messed her life up.

"yes i am serious...." he said calmly. "you asked me some questions which i cannot answer because i have promised karan bhai....but i can help you with your confusion and this show will clear it for you....i will tell you which episode to watch....this is the maximum i can do as of now and please trust me with this....trust me when is say that you have to watch this....there is no other way....okay?" he started the particular episode and sat on the couch and forwarded to the part which he intended to show.

Teja sat on the couch , boderline irritated and looked at the screen. The scene was on and blood drained from her face. It was the same scene that she had seen in the makeup van. At first she had tears in her eyes remembering what karan did to her and then it struck her. No , her mind screamed. No. She looked at Omi who was already looking at her.

"this is....exactly what...." her voice trailed of and her mind shut off completely.

"exactly what you saw in the vanity?" he asked her.

"no....this can't....no...." she shook her head vigorously as tears covered her cheeks.

Omi closed his eyes.

"yes...." he said firmly.

"rehearsal?" her voice was choked.

He nodded. "and the team was there behind the door....even i was there....if you don't believe me you can confirm with the directors and assistants...."

She covered her face with her palm and broke down.

He got up.

"i will leave now....take care...." he patted her shoulder and left.

To say that teja was in a trance would be an understatement.

She walked to the balcony. She didn't flinch as a thunder struck nearby and soon it was raining heavily with splashes of water coming and drenching her.

She closed her eyes and gulped.

Karan came out of the room while wiping his hair and frowned seeing her standing in the balcony in the rain. This girl is crazy. the next thing he knew that she would be doing was sneeze.

He threw the towel on the couch and went to the balcony.

"teja come inside....you will catch a cold and from you choco pie will also get a cold...." he said from the door , her back facing him. He got no response.

"teja...." he walked inside and touched her shoulder , giving her a slight shake.

Before he could understand what was happening she turned around and hugged him tightly , pushing her face into his chest and cried inconsolably.

"teja...." he was taken aback and was worried. He knew she would never hug him. Unless it was something huge. "what happened...." he took a moment to decide whether to hug her back and decided to wrap his arms around her. That relaxed her body but made her sobs louder.

"sunny...." she whispered against his chest.

Karan closed his eyes. She was sober and was calling him sunny.

"what happened teja?" his voice was now firm.

"it was a rehearsal?sunny i...." she clutched his T-shirt near his chest and sobbed.

Karan closed his eyes. How does she know. His hand dropped from behind her back.

As soon as she felt his grip around her loosen , she looked at him with fear.

"sunny...." she cupped his cheeks urgently.

"what?" he whispered.

"can you please forgive me?" her voice choked and cheeks covered with tears.

The rain and the storm outside increased making them go completely drenched with the splashes of rain drop coming into the balcony , her wet hair flying and covering her face but she didn't care.

He nodded.

"it's okay teja...." before he could complete she cut him off.

"it is not okay till you call me laddoo...."

"we don't have that equation anymore...." he said in a slow voice , avoiding her eyes. He knew if he looked into her eyes , he would give in. Her face , her love and the innocence would not let him be upset for long.

"sunny please don't say like this....please...." her sobs came back and she removed his hair from his forehead.

"it is not easy....the person i loved the most didn't trust me....that is fine....i understand what you saw was not easy....you could have given me a chance to explain....you could have questioned....and that one decision of yours costed me a lot teja....i couldn't see my baby getting born....i missed everything....my family knew about you and my daughter but i didn't....all this affected me to the point that i am not the sunny you knew...." he said honestly.

"you are the same sunny....i can see you when you are with Aru....you are the same...." she said immediately , urgency dripping from her voice. She needed to convince him.

He chuckled softly and shook his head.

"she is the only reason i am a bit normal teja....otherwise you don't know how i had spent my four years...."

"i will make everything fine....just let me get to you...." she moved closer and kissed his throat as he closed his eyes and gulped.

"i think it's late teja....let's go to sleep...." he said somehow and was about to walk out of the balcony when she held his hand and pulled him to her and cupped his cheeks again. The rain and occasional lightening giving them light from time to time.

"i need to know this sunny....can we start afresh?i will make everything fine...."

"we have started afresh already....we are staying together...." he said slowly.

"not this sunny....not this....like we used to be....like two people in love and not two people compromising for their child...." she said caressing his wet cheeks.

He was quiet. He knew it won't be possible for him.

"you still love me sunny don't you?" she gulped and asked on his silence. "the same love which we read in novels....the same love which you talked about?the same love which connects us to our past lives?your favorite books of Dr. Brian Weiss?the same soulmate?whose touch jolts us back to life?with whom we are connected since eternity and beyond?the same connection we feel of soul awakening?sunny?we travelled the depth of all dimensions to be with each other right?you spoke about these novels right?our love is that right?" she said burying her face into his throat.

He moved back and closed his eyes. And without any further words walked out of the balcony.