Part-17

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Their shoot was about to end. Their last schedule was about to be shot in Goa. They had dropped Aru with Teja's parents and had gone to the airport.

In these few days , even after going through so much in their personal lives , they had made sure to be civil with each other when they were on set.

Teja sat at the window seat and looked at the clouds. Probably it was their last trip together. Last time when she had left , she had not known that it would be their last day together , or a trip would be their last trip together. But this time she knew and it hurt. All she wanted to do was to save his face in her memory. She didn't even want to think how she is gonna stay with him and Aru. She had left that over time. She would have to find a way to be okay.

Karan looked at her. Over the past few days , he had noticed a completely different Teja. She had slowly distanced herself from Aru , from their day to day lives. She would mostly let Aru be with him and would make an excuse to do some work or the other. She rarely used things from their kitchen except for the basic meals. She hardly used the swing which used to be her favorite place in their home. She would not let their helps do any of her work. She hardly spoke.

He saw her looking at the clouds blankly. This was not how she used to be on flights. She was an excited kid clapping and having fun and making jokes and clicking pictures. He wanted to ask her to relax but decided against it and closed his eyes to take a nap.

They reached Goa in the evening and checked in their room. Teja freshened up quickly and sat on the couch and was about to pick up the newspaper from the centre table when the paper weight fell on her foot and she yelped in pain.

"what happened?" he quickly went to her and looked at her holding her foot.

"nothing...." she closed her eyes.

He understood the situation and quickly took out an ice pack from the fridge and knelt down in front of her and dabbed it on her foot.

"karan...." she immediately moved her foot back as he held her foot.

"what?" he looked at her and held her foot again and placed the ice pack on her foot.

"karan i'll do it myself...." she said politely and tried to move her foot back but he held her strongly.

"karan please...." she said this time more firmly but he didn't pay attention and continued dabbing the ice pack on her foot.

"i asked you to stop...." she got up raising her voice. Finally she had lost it. He wanted that.

"i asked you not to do it so please don't....please don't do this....because you won't be there to do it some days later....then , if i get hurt i will have to do this myself....i will have to put ice and have my medicines myself....all alone....you won't be there to do all this....then why do you want to make me habituated with this?so that it hurts me more?tell me karan why?why?" she held his collar and shook him roughly.

He held her wrist with one hand and kept her palm on the back of her head and pinned her to the wall.

"shhhhh...." he said huskily , his face dangerously close to her face , his hot breath falling on her face and their bodies touching.

"quiet....now you will listen to me...." he left her wrist and held her forearm tightly.

Teja gulped and looked into his eyes , the same intense eyes. Her self control and all the walls breaking , the walls that she had created in the past few days mentally preparing herself to go away was breaking having him so close. And he knew that.

"you are not going anywhere....so forget about what you are planning because i am not letting that happen...." he said huskily , not looking away from her eyes.

"karan....please....let's not change our plan....we have already decided what to do....and...." before she could complete , he cut her off.

"so will you be able to see someone else as my wife?" he said moving his face closer , their lips cms apart , staring at her intensely. "will you be able to see choco pie call someone else mumma?someone else in our home?changing the decors?changing the way you run the home?" he adjusted his grip on her forearms.

"karan...." she gulped and closed her eyes , fighting her tears.

"you cannot....and that is why you are planning on running away again...." he said huskily.

She couldn't stop her tears anymore. It trickled down her cheeks.

"so you....stop your nonsense and listen to me....i was quiet and let you do whatever nonsense you wanted to do but not anymore....you are staying here....with me and choco pie....forever...." he said stressing on 'forever'. "yes i am still upset....still angry at you....and you are going to fix it....i do not want to listen to anything else....okay?understood?"

She nodded with tears.

"good...." he said softly. "remember....i am still upset....and angry....and you will fix this...."

Before he could complete , she hugged him tightly. He smiled softly but didn't hug her back. He stood there feeling them for a couple of minutes and then moved back.

"sit on the bed quietly....i will order coffee...." he said strictly.

"no....chai....with pakoda...." she said with a baby face and sat on the bed.

"excuse me?i am still angry...." he said looking at her.

"i know...." she shrugged and put the pillow on her lap. "we will go for a sea bath tomorrow after shoot okay?"

He rolled his eyes and went to the washroom and banged the door shut and chuckled softly.