Part-16

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

It was early in the morning when Karan was sitting on the swing in the balcony with his tea. Aru was sleeping and Teja had gone to take a shower.

He got a face time request from his mom. He smiled softly and accepted the requested.

"how are you mumma?" he asked immediately. "how is everyone?"

"everyone is fine....i am also fine beta....how is Teju and Aru?"

"they are good....didn't you facetime them yesterday?" he frowned. Generally they face timed everyday. Even karan did.

"yes beta...." she said softly. "teju told me last night....about the divorce...."

He stayed silent.

"beta are you sure?" she asked him fighting her tears.

"mumma she asked for it i didn't...." he said immediately.

"did you refuse?"

"why will i?" he asked , complaint dripping from his voice.

"you have completely cut yourself away from her....she did it for you beta....she doesn't want you to suffer in this forced relationship....all these logics are according to her by the way....yes she did a mistake....we all believed something which was not true....if she hid Aru from you so did we nuh beta?are you cutting us away from you?no right?i am not saying you didn't suffer....you did....with no fault of yours....nothing can compensate that....but that girl suffered as well....you know she used to get midnight cravings when she was pregnant....we kept everything in the fridge....still sometimes she used to get new cravings....she never disturbed us....she missed your absense....she cried every night hugging your shirt and hoodie....on each of your birthday she got gifts for you and went to the temple....on Aru's birthday she gave her gifts on your behalf....wrote cards to her on your behalf....not a single day passed when she was not in pain....and she is in more pain now....nothing beats the pain of guilt sunny....she wants to go away from you to give you peace....can you imagine the hurt she is going through?beta i am not denying your pain....nobody is....but if possible think from her point of view....and also about Aru...." She said with tears.

He nodded.

"mumma i will talk to you later....take care....bye...." he said softly and disconnected the call.

Teja came out after taking a shower and sat on the couch.

"bhabi what should i make for breakfast and Aru's tiffin?and lunch?" their cook asked her.

"ask bhaiya...." she said politely.

He looked at her confused. Karan who heard them looked at their direction and frowned.

"okay bhabi...." he went to the balcony. "bhaiya what should i make for breakfast and Aru's tiffin and lunch?"

"toast for breakfast....aloo ka parantha for her tiffin and pack aloo ka parantha for lunch...." he said still looking at Teja who was going through her phone.

"okay bhaiya...." and with that he went to the kitchen.

The bell rang and teja opened the door. Omi came inside and greeted them.

"karan....can you wake Aru up and get her ready and pack her bag?i have some work to finish...." she said politely.

He nodded and looked at Omi who was looking at then with narrowed eyes. She was being too formal which was not normal at all.

Karan went to their room to wake her up. He knew what Teja was doing. He knew her too well to not know it. She was distancing herself from Aru so that Aru starts to get detached from her.

Omi cam back from the kitchen after grabbing a bottle of water.

Their house help was talking to Teja. Their cook had given her the list of grocery and she had gone upto Teja to ask for the things she needed. She always adds her stuffs to the list of grocery.

"nahi didi....mujhe kuch nahi chahiye...." she told her politely.

Their house help gave a confused look but nodded anyway and went downstairs.

"teja bhai?you don't need cheese?" Omi couldn't believe what he was hearing.

She chuckled and shook her head.

"what?are you serious?" he chuckled.

She chuckled and nodded.

"i will get it myself if i need anything...." she said softly.

"huh?why?" he asked her confused.

"karan me are separating...." she whispered.

"teja bhai?what kind of a kiddish behavior is this?i will talk to karan bhai...." he was about to go to the room when Teja stopped him.

"no bhaiya....it is better this way....he doesn't deserve this forced relationship...."

"he told you?" he asked in irritation knowing karan would never say that.

"he didn't but i can see him suffer like this....this is not how life should be....you need happiness in life....for that you need healthy relationship....i am nothing more that Aru's mother to him now....how will he stay with me bhaiya?it is better if we separate and he moves on with someone....someone he will fall in love with....someone he will be happy with....life becomes easier with a partner whom you love....not someone with whom you have to compromise...." she chuckled and wiped her tears.

"and have you thought of Aru?" he asked immediately.

"yes....i have....she is too small....she will get detached from me....and hopefully will form a beautiful bond with her new mom...." she said lovingly fighting her tears.

"Is that reason you didn't tell what all to cook?he told me sometimes back...." he asked her feebly.

She nodded.

"this not my home anymore bhaiya....this is karan's home and Aru's home....and i am just her mother....that too for sometime now...." she gulped as the accumulated tears from her eyes dropped down her cheeks and she quickly wiped it off.

"teja bhai...." he stopped not knowing what to say. "and this is the reason why you are not giving your list of stuffs in the monthly grocery?"

She nodded and gulped.

"give me the list of your stuffs i will get it....or order it....it will be delivered today...." he said immediately.

"bhaiya i will do it myself...." she chuckled a bit.

"why?because i am from his team?and i am nobody to you?" he asked immediately.

"no bhaiya...." she said immediately.

"then?give me the list...." he said strictly.

"okay i will....but please give the bill to me....not to him....i will pay...." she said slowly and he nodded.

Karan heard everything from the door of their bedroom. He shook his head and went inside. So that was the reason she didn't buy clothes for diwali , he thought to himself.

"baby....choco pie....wake up baby...." he kissed her hair softly to wake her up.