Arc 11 Chap 6 : White Day

" Raise your guard Kanzaki ! "

Kanzaki who was panting in front of me nodded and rose both of his arms towards his head level, I took a step forward and threw a jab while massively holding back. He slapped my hand away and counterattacked with a jab of his own, I bent down to evade it and threw a strike towards his open stomach. Kanzaki's response was too late, But i stopped right before it came in contact

" Good Work " I commended while throwing him a bottle of water, He tiredly received it and started chugging down.

We were both sitting down inside the Gymnasium, In a Wednesday evening around 7 PM in a direct coaching session between me and him. It was the 13th of March, 2 Days away from the Event Selection exam.

" So how did i do ? " While wiping the sweat off his body using a dry towel, Kanzaki glanced towards me and asked.

" Considering that you only started last week, It is impressive how far you've came " It was certainly is. After observing some training institutions, It is safe to assume that you'd have to train for at least a couple of months to match him, Since he already has the physique, He only needed to get used to the style " If i have to put you somewhere, You'll easily be able to beat down your average Class C Delinquent. However, You will experience difficulties against experienced fighters like Ibuki and Ryueen, Excluding every other experience other than Boxing. "

While i haven't monitored Kanzaki's other skills, The man possesses an impressive hyper-focus and seriousness during a task. Which very much allows him to learn at an accelerated pace, I can tell that he wasn't born talented, But Rather, His level was all achieved by hard work. Which makes it all the difficult to put his fighting skills at a level if he decided to go all out

" I see... " Kanzaki muttered, Before taking another sip from his bottle. " Any advice ? "

" Just get more comfortable with your stance, Get used to the techniques I've taught you today and what you've learnt. I bet you already know that, But i highly recommend doing shadow boxing at home " Kanzaki listened attentively to my advice and concluded it with a nod. We packed our stuff before leaving together towards the dorms " I have to commend you on something. I somewhat expected you to start complaining "

" Hmm ? " Kanzaki glanced at me in confusion

" What i mean is. Since you have experience, I decided to go a little rough and torture you a little, I expected some complains from you but you didn't " I spoke out my honest opinion. To a White Roomer, This was probably just a warm up. To ordinary people it sounded just as it said.

Even while he was exhausted, I have forced him to work out and he complied with no complains. Even while he was faltering, I was intrigued by his resilience and endurance

" Oh, I just think that complaining would be pointless " Kanzaki responded with a firm tone, As if repeating some wise words from his mentor. I simply gave him a small nod before continuing forward " What about you Ayanokouji ? "

" I feel the same way " I sighed " Complaining would hinder your performance and ruin your mentality, It would also reduce your potential. "

It is a good mentality to have in general, In most situations, Complaining would do more harm than good. I have learnt it the hard way on the White Room, After witnessing many children get refused after complaining

" But still, I do feel bad for going hard on you " Kanzaki chuckled at my statement

" Don't feel bad Ayanokouji, I know you did it just for my sake " Kanzaki reassured with a small smile. However, It was somewhat bitter " Besides, I'm already us- Never mind "