Arc 1 Chap 3 : The Start Of a New Life

The entrance ceremony was the same, people exchanged words of gratitude, and it ended without any incident. We were free to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day.

70-80% of students went to the dormitories, while the remaining formed groups and made their way to the cafes, while the louder ones went to Karaoke. The hustle and bustle quickly died down. I decided to swing by the convenience store on my way to the dorms to buy some essentials.

I entered the store and was welcomed by the extravagant number of products and different ingredients. There were different types of shampoo and beauty necessities, vegetables, snacks, premade lunch sets, and so on. I decided to grab some ramen along with other stuff. I'm not going to lie, it's a lot of fun surfing through the various shelve-

" Ahh?! "

As I was going through the shelves, a girl bumped into me and fell on the ground. As she fell, her basket fell along with the book she was reading.

"I'm sorry, I should have seen where I was standing." I apologize, fully aware that it was not my fault, but mentioning it will make me the bad guy, at least according to what I've read.

" A-Ah, No You Don't Have To Apologize, I Was Too Immersed In My Book That i Didn't Notice Where I Was Going, Its My Fault, I'm Sorry " She Had A mid-back Length Silver Hair With Black Ribbons Tied Behind it And Light Purple-ish Eyes, She Was Beautiful.

" Its Fine, Here Let Me Help You " I Crouched And Started Grabbing Her Stuff

"Um, thanks." She replied as she started standing up.

I collected her stuff until I reached the book she was reading. It was Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.

" Wuthering Heights ?" I murmed.

" Um, Did You Perhaps Read It? " She said

" Yes, Its a Excellent Book, Well Excellent is understatement, Every Book By The Bronte is a Masterpiece " I Replied (i don't know about books, don't take it seriously)

As i said that, i Could See Her Face Beaming With Happiness And Excitement, Just Like A Child Who Got His Long-Awaited Favorite Toy, She looked like an Angel With That Smile. How Can Such A Cute Creature Like Her Exist ?

"Really? This is my first Bronte book, but I've read most of Isaac Asimov's collection, and it was fantastic; did you read it? "

"Mhm, if you're looking for similar books. You can see 'whose boddy' It's a little long but still entertaining. "

" Whose Body ? By Dorothy L. Sayers, right ? I've already read it ! It was great, especially in the middle, where he discovers that other people have powers similar to him, and he tries to win by outsmarting everyone. I got so excited when I reached that part. Uh oh, I'm sorry If I'm being weird or anything, it's just that I've been looking forward to having a friend who shares my hobby of reading books. I'm Shiina Hiyori from Class C. What about you ? " She tilted her head a little. Cute

" Ayanokouji Kiyotaka Class B, Nice To Meet You Shiina."

" Hiyori," she muttered.

"Uh?" I said, tilting my head a little.

" Just Call me Hiyori, I'm Used To People Call me That So Please Use My First Name "

" Alright, Hiyori You Can Call me Kiyotaka too if you want "

"It's a deal, Kiyotaka-kun," she said, beaming.

We continued shopping while talking about books. Hiyori seems to be very passionate about books. Apparently, she has a collection of books that she carries around with her. It's strange but fun. I guess having a common interest is part of friendship.