Arc 11.5 Chap 1 : Partner-in-crime

" Haaaaaaa~ "

Honami exhaustively sighed as she flopped down the bed and closed her eyes, resting cutely with her cute pink Pyjamas beside me. " That was so good~ "

" Indeed "

I replied positively. We have just finished the last episode of an Anime called 'Love is war', it's a psychological romance where both the Main Characters are in love with each other, But the plot twist is that they both don't want to confess. Rather, they want the other person to, so they started plotting to corner each other, hence a love war started.

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical at first since it was Kouenji who recommended it to me. However, it actually lived up to the hype. He praised it so much that even my expectations slightly rose above the perimeter I'm supposed to have, expecting that it would get crushed. However, I'm confident to say that they were far exceeded

" I'm so excited to watch more~ " Honami expressed her excitement by raising both of her hands and punching the air. As she did this, I realized that I felt the same way too, now I understand why he praised it so much.

"Too bad it's already late," I said as I glanced at the clock portraying the image of midnight.

We were currently inside her room, on the 17th of March, two days after the year-end exam. Nothing memorable has happened other than a party celebration of our victory.

Thankfully, after that incident, Honami and I made up and got back to normal, in fact, that was a good opportunity for us to get even closer than before. There was still some air of awkwardness around her. However, it dissipated over time until it became a bygone, which is something I'm very grateful for.

" Yeah~ What a pain " Honami huffed in exasperation, showing her displeasure at the unfortunate thing called time that is separating her from fully enjoying this masterpiece. I turned my head to stare at her, she lazily dragged her hips down on the edge of the bed with her eyes closed to show her frustrations. However, I was very tempted to lay down and snuggle with her due to how cute she looked. But I decided to attempt something else " Eeeep~! "

My left hand sneakily approached her body at a mediocre pace, making sure that she doesn't realize what was coming. Arriving at a safe distance, I immediately started my attack and grabbed a hold of her waist and squeezed it with little force. Honami's body jolted up with a cute squeal. After the squeeze, I immediately retrieved my hand back and stared at the TV as if nothing had happened.

Her waist was wide open in front of me, how could I not capitalize on it? I should probably blame her pink pyjamas for making it more appealing.....

How childish.

I sighed internally at the realization of my antics. However, Deep down, I was actually happy about it and for some reason, I couldn't focus on it since I had to focus on keeping my poker face.

Honami was rubbing her hand on her recently squeezed side while staring at me with an annoyed expression on my peripheral. It was the expression of someone who has just accepted that they got robbed of their free time and could do nothing about it, exactly like when your parents interrupt you to go buy something as small as a pin from the grocery store. Fortunately and unfortunately, That is something I couldn't relate to.

" Grr " Honami growled, trying to show her anger, which came off as cute since anything that comes out from her is cute, she is a creature who simply cannot express anything negative without it being cute.

Seeing that she got ignored once again, She inhaled before dropping to her knees and crawling towards me. I merely kept looking ahead and pretending she is nonexistent. However, I couldn't do that because my life would have no meaning, so I begrudgingly acknowledged her existence and braced myself for what was about to come. When we were around one inch away from each other, I closed my eyes and stiffened my body

I could feel her appraising my face with her big mischievous grin and probably internally monologuing about how cute I looked and reassuring me that she'll never be hard on me, just to give herself some amusement. She is sadistic after all, So I wouldn't be surprised if she-... Huh ?

I opened my eyes in surprise as I felt a sensation somewhere on my body. I dropped my gaze down towards my lap where Honami stared back at me with a stern expression, The back of her head was resting on top of my thighs as she completely laid on the bed using my lap as a pillow. I couldn't get a read on her so decided to talk

" Hmph~ " As I was about to open my mouth, Honami shifted on her side and faced me with her back as if rejecting anything that comes out of me. She sat up and grabbed a blanket and instantly laid down on my lap again to sleep " Turn off the lights, I'm going to sleep~ "

This little brat

" Hehe~ " I heard some small giggles escape her mouth before she braced herself even more trying to contain them. I simply realized that resistance would be futile, so I sighed internally and clutched the light switch, and pressed it " Good Boy~ "

I felt my right eye irk as I heard more giggles come out of her. However, I remembered that I had a meeting tomorrow with a certain somebody alongside some work to do, so I begrudgingly allowed her to have this momentary victory, just to get some sleep.

I grabbed a pillow and put it behind my back in order to rest on it against the wall, Honami appeared to be fast asleep, so I took great care not to wake her up. I planted a kiss on her warm cheek before drifting to sleep as well.

This sleeping posture is definitely not the best, But it hardly matters to me. That's at least what I thought before waking up........