Chapter 31: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 3

~Recap~ (Previously on Akatsuki No Yona: A Promise)

Hwan: It all started, of course, before she met all of you and when she's with the masked man... her incident happened during on a rainy day...

Eun-Kyung: What happen to Mee-Yon was...

—————-

[Kaya's POV]

      @~@ What should I do?! I couldn't do anything to comfort Mee-Yon! Argh! I'm really not great at this! How long are those two couples coming back?! Please don't be there for so long! Okay, calm down Kaya! I hit both of my cheeks to focus. Focus! [A/N: Sorry if Kaya's personality is different for some point.]

Me: Yosh! I gotta go and check on-

       When I turned around, a woman like figure walking kind of pass by me. My body froze as if ice has turned me into a statue. Her long silver hair was down like if she was a ghost while she was walking slowly like a dead yet broken zombie. She looks gloomy plus scary.

Me: EEK!! MEE-YON?! YOU STARTLED ME! O~OIII

Mee-Yon: Hmm...? Kaya? Gomenasai... (slowly turns her head to look at me) What are you doing? Where's mom and dad?

Me: Umm... I'm looking after you. And your parents... umm... well...

      What should I do?! If I told her that her parents went to the human world then- Oh dear! What should I do?!

Mee-Yon: .... Did they went somewhere?

Me: ... Yes.... G-Gomen, Mee-Yon.

Mee-Yon: It's not your fault. (slowly turn her head and look at the floor) I'm the one who should be saying sorry. I've... revealed my true self in front of my friends yet... I broke my promise to the past ninetails. Maybe... I can shut myself again. Never been seen, never been heard, after all... I am invisible. I'm only invisible... in front of their eyes.

Me: ... Why?

Mee-Yon: Hm?

Me: Why are you hiding yourself away in the darkness for so long? You know, running away from the truth won't solve a thing.

Mee-Yon: !!

Me: Is it because... you were afraid... to do the same mistakes?

Mee-Yon: .....

Me: You're afraid to turn yourself in yet... you wanted to hide away all the fears and keep it to yourself. Mee-Yon... if there's something bothering you, you can tell me.

Mee-Yon: .....

Me: ... You don't have to talk about it. I'm... I'm just worried. Your parents are worried and overprotective about you too so... please... don't shut yourself away.

       I know what it's like to turn yourself away from others. I did the same too before Zeno came into my life. And... WHY AM I SO CURIOUS?! I know I don't want to brag around, but-

Mee-Yon: ... One year ago...

Me: Eh? O.O? (blinks)

Mee-Yon: My 15th birthday... in the middle of spring... the day... that I never wanted to remember...

~FLASHBACK~

[Mee-Yon's POV]

    A thunder roared as Shin-Ah was defeating a group of bandits who were approaching near to Seiryuu's Village which hides up in the mountain caves. There were... 5 no... 10 of them, surrounded him. I wanted to help, but he told me to stay hidden in the bushes with Ao, but... that chubby squirrel hide up in the trees. If I were a squirrel, I would do that too.