Chapter 30: The Moment of Truth (Ninetail Fox) Part 2

[A/N: Mee-Yon's body was controlled by her Mom, Eun-Kyung while her dad, Hwan, controlled Shin-Ah's.]

[Eun-Kyung's POV]

       I don't remember how long was Hwan's and my death approached as we left our daughter out of the world, alone. For days, weeks, months, and even years, we still looked after her. She grown so much and became a beautiful maiden, and as the last ninetail fox, she is confidence to handle anything... on her own...

Me: Mee-Yon... You know you can't hide in the darkness forever. At least... At least, go back with your friends and make a brand new start. You can start over again. I'm sure that your friends wouldn't mind.

Mee-Yon: (curled herself in a ball) .... They won't. I know they wouldn't forgive me. I was told to keep the ninetails' secret away from the outside world yet... I... (starts crying) I broke it. I broke the past ninetails' promise, Mom... Would I... Would I end up being hated? Would my friends hate me on who I am? Would I be rejected like the past ninetails? Why is it so hard to keep a small, simple secret? Why is it so hard to be invisible?

Me: Please! Kaya is worried sick about you and so does your father and I do too! Raise yourself up to the present and don't think about the past! The past is the past, you must move on! You can't put this burden to yourself, alone!

Mee-Yon: Gomen... Mom. I rather have the burden... than letting my friends getting hurt or in pain.

Me: But-

Mee-Yon: Mom... let me be... Please... I need to be alone...

        I couldn't do anything as a mother. I left her alone in the darkness. I don't know what to do. It's been 2 weeks since Mee-Yon came into the spirit world. As the ninetail fox, your body can contact any spirit, but not the bad. To Mee-Yon, the spirit world is the place where she can hide herself in the darkness alone... keeping her pain. No matter how many times that Kaya, Hwan, and I tried to convince her to go to the outside world... she wouldn't listen. This worries me even more... What could I do? What... could I do... to help her...? Then... an idea just caught my attention.

Kaya: EH?! YOU'RE GOING TO HUMAN WORLD?!

Me: (covers her mouth) Shhhh!! (whispers) Oi, didn't I tell not to yell out loud?!

Kaya: (muffles) Ah... Gomen...

Me: (my hand released from her mouth and whispers) Also... you must never tell this to Hwan.

Kaya: (whispers) Eh? Why? He's your husband, right?

Me: (whispers) I know, but... he gets cranky and forbids me to go sometimes. Remember the last time, I went to the human world? He was so pissed and chained me in ropes for a week. T^T

Kaya: (whispers) Then who told yourself to go?

Me: (whispers) No one made me. I just go there myself because I want to. You know that Kaya. -3-

Kaya: (whispers) How am I going to explain this to Hwan-san?

Me: (whispers) Simple. Just don't tell him. Easy peasy, right?

Kaya: (whispers) You think it's easy, but it's not!

Me: (whispers) No worries. I could tell Zeno that you miss him.

Kaya: (blushes and whispers) All right. Just come back soon and tell Zeno that I miss him.

Me: (laughs a little and whispers) Young love...

Kaya: (whispers) Oi!

Me: (smiles and whispers) Take care of Mee-Yon for me! I'll be back soon and I won't forget to tell Zeno too!