Chapter 10: The Blinded Dragon & The Silver Unknown Part 3

~Recap~ (Previously on Akatsuki No Yona: A Promise)

Mee-Yon: Why... why can't you all be happy for once?! Why people like you are against Shin-Ah?! Shin-Ah is not the type person who is evil and even if he's cursed by the powers of the dragon eyes! He might be cursed, but he was kind and yet protective to this village! He care for each of you! Why can't you all understand Shin-Ah's kindness?! Shin-Ah is a human being like you... every one of you! So don't treat someone who you think is a monster! You can't judge anyone without knowing what he or she really are! This is how Gods from the heavens above create us! To be different! Any of you... All of you... All of you have no right to say such things to Shin-Ah! 

Elder: Tch! Quiet! (slaps the Mee-Yon's face) You, girl gave me no choice. No one is allow comforting Seiryuu no matter what the time and years are.

         A villager, who was the Elder's assistant, gave him a rope that is worn off for years and then starts whipping her.

Hak: Stop it! You're hurting her!

                                                Hak wanted to save Mee-Yon, but he couldn't.

Elder: You, mister, are not allowed to interfere this conversation. (looked at the Mee-Yon again and starts whipping her, but harder) You, girl, are not allowed to break the rules in this village. A friend of a monster that was the cursed dragon! You will suffer like we villagers did for many years! 

-------

[Yona's POV]

        It's... so dark. Hak... I'm... scared. I echoed the words in my mind. I wanted to do my best without him, but at the end... I didn't. I end up looking to him out of fear. I'm so weak... I don't want to fail, but I... My eyes were terrified with fear. I almost felt the darkness just consumed me from the light. Someone...Anyone... Father... 

A voice: Princess! Princess!

        I then opened my eyes. Kija was protecting me from the shaking ground. The earthquake stopped. Luckily we're all safe, but... the entrance to the other side has blocked up the passageway. The men from Seiryuu's village were frighten. They yelled and screamed, but no one seems to hear a thing. Yun shivered himself in despair. He knew that all of us will die with the amount of space and breaths we have. I too was in despair. My thoughts wondered. 'Am I... going to die... like this? Am I... really going to die?'

A voice echoing in my mind: You're not going to die! 

Me: Huh?

Kija: Why did you have to say that to me?! 

Me: (shook my head and looked at Kija) Kija? O.O

Kija: Oh, forgive me. For some reason, that rude man suddenly... [Hak: I'm counting on you] ...just spoke inside my head. It made me very angry. It is my job to protect you, Princess. 

Me: Arigatō. I'm feeling better. 

Kija: So am I! *^*

Me: (comforting Yun) It's okay, Yun. Help will come for us. 

Yun: (smiles a bit)

        Kija un-bandaged his right hand as they transformed to regular into huge dragon claws. The villagers were frighten and said that Kija's a monster. Kija didn't care, but he told them that he's Hakuryuu. The villagers were frighten even more and never knew other dragons exist in the world. One of the men screamed in fear. He was scared even more like the darkness just consumed him.