Chapter 3: The Voice in my Dream (Mee-Yon's POV)

Darkness... That's the last thing that I remember... but then warm arms came into the light. But... was that person, no... that boy... was he an illusion? I... don't know what's going on... Someone... anyone... tell me... if I'm really going to die... I couldn't think of anything else to say except death.  Death was my only word because... I guess... I... really am... 

A voice: You're not going to die. 

Eh? I opened my eyes. Whose... that? Whose voice is that?

Me: .... Who... are you? 

        A gentle wind breeze behind me. I turned around and then I saw an animal... that appears in front of me... A wolf? Or a fox? Nine tails? It has silver fur, pink, and yellow eyes... Like mine but they weren't mixed just one side yellow and one side pink. Somehow it felt like a warm light.

Animal: You're not going to die.

Me: ....What... are you? 

        There was a silent moment between me and the animal. Then it speaks, in a man's voice, but somehow... I wasn't afraid nor to run away from it. I just stayed and listen. 

Animal: Little one... You were given the power of the ninetail fox that bestows the strength within your pendant  . That pendant  is your life and your true form.  

Me: Pendent? What are you talking about?

        I looked at my sapphire mixed aquamarine gem which is now a silver ninetail fox pendant. I didn't understand. Why would I have a pendent while mom and dad gave me a simple gem? How did I get messed up by a necklace that became a pendant. But I swear that I was wearing the gem. I didn't take it off from my neck nor let anyone take it away from me. 

Me: I... don't understand. Why am I here? 

Animal: You are the last chosen ninetail fox in this world. In order to survive, you must help Hiryuu and the four dragons to revolve the darkness into the light once more. You... will understand everything when you get older. You just need to wait... You'll understand someday. (sparks of red, yellow, green, blue, and white was surrounding the animal... somehow he's so far away)

Me: Wait a minute! I don't understand, what are you talking about?! I'm... I'm just a regular human being! I... I don't have the power to help nor save anyone! PLEASE ANSWER ME! I... I DON'T UNDERSTAND! Wait! Don't leave! (runs toward the animal who was going to fade away)   

Animal: You'll understand when you are old enough... Mee-Yon. Daddy loves you very much. 

Me: Papa... (then I saw my father's reflection in the animal, gasps, tears bursting out of my eyes) !! Papa! Wait, don't leave me! Please! (starts running towards him) Papa! 

Animal: Papa... loves you very much. (smiles) Please don't forget that you're the last ninetail fox in this world. Please help Hiryuu and the four dragons no matter what. You'll understand everything when you get older. (starts to fade away) I promise. 

Me: Papa! Please don't! Don't leave me! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! PAPA! (tries to hold his hand but he's gone.)

        Then 'Papa' disappeared. Questions were ringing into my mind, but all I did was crying and crying like baby all over. Complaining my happiness of my parents over the idiots who stole everything. I kept crying and crying until I fell asleep.

        It's been a few days that I didn't wake up from this dream. All I did was sleep and was dreaming the same thing over and over again. I still didn't understand. 'Papa' told me to stay with Hiryuu and the four dragon's side no matter what. He told me not to betrayed them. He told me to love them. He told me to stay by their side no matter what. If this wish and this mission is not complete then the next ninetails will have to take my place until the cycle ends. The ninetail fox, like the four dragons, he must cherish, never betrayed, and protect him no matter what. We, ninetail fox were known as the Invisible Being. That means without anyone knowing, he must protect them either they realize him or not.  Just like Hiryuu, the ninetails life takes forever until a new one is born. Me... in the other hand, has the blood of the ninetail fox. Though, I will have to journey with Hiryuu, any of his companions, and the four dragons. I will have protect them and cherish them. I still don't understand... but I'll probably understand this... someday and... somehow.  

        So this is why everyone hated me and called me a "monster"... I... I was born as the next ninetail fox. Born to help the good and not the bad. My parents only accepted me because I was different from others who looked at me upon. My silver hair... my eyes being mixed up into one, but not completely mix mixed. I always wondered myself as an ugly monster, but my parents didn't treat me like one. They just treated me as a regular human could do.

        I guess... this ninetail pendant is not just about love, but destiny. My fate is the density that awakens my path towards the light or darkness. Someday, it might lead to hope. I... I promise, Dad... That I'll help Hiryuu and the four dragons. I'll guide the hope and not the despair. I'll give it all. My everything. I'll manage to do this on my own. I... promise. I'll keep my promises for now on. I'll try to follow on what's right. To believe what's right. This path of light that is clear and new is place where I can be at peace and happy once more. I promise to this all. I promise to fulfill my duties as the next ninetail fox. 

I promise... this is destiny of mine!

-----

A/N: I do not own the picture of the silver ninetail fox necklace/pendent. Comment/vote if you like the story. :)