Day 9

• ♡ • ♥ • ♡ •
⚠️⚠️Mentions of Sexual Assault⚠️⚠️

     It's almost time. Just 9 more days and this will be over. Meanwhile just one more day (not including today) and the weekend will be here. This morning at school these three upperclassmen came up to me, they asked me about that rumor Miu was spreading. And now it's lunch time and these dumb weirdos won't stop bothering me.
     "Kokichi, please work with us." The dumbass Hajime asked.
     "I am cooperating, but y'know maybe this is a sign to leave me alone."
     "We're just trying to find out the truth about this. Just tell us what happened that night."
     "Right whatever. As long as you leave me alone afterwards."
     "We will." Chaiki, I think her name was responded this time. As much as I would love to lie and just say my reaction was fake, I also don't want to be kicked out for 'faking' sexual assult. Especially since it was a real reaction.
     "Fine, it started when me and Rantaro entered the class before the bell ring. She was being bothersome and eventually she pushed me against the wall and kept saying gross stuff. When she wouldn't stop I guess I started like... Panicking. I told her I was lying, by what she was saying I didn't want to be honest." Simple.
     "And how do we know if that's the truth?" The last guy asks. Nagito I think his name was?
     "You promised that if I told you what happened you'd leave."
     "Right, Hajime, Nagito. Let's go." The girl kept her promise and took the two boys to leave.
     As they were leaving, I thought about something I would want to ask.
     "Actually wait, you, the pink one." She turned back around and looked at me. "Chai~Senpai, tell me what she's saying about me."
     "Huh?" She seemed confused about the name. "No, I can't tell you."
     "She's literally talking about me. I have the right to know what she's saying."
     "..." She stayed silent.
     "So?'
     "She said, her words not mine, that you faked being raped to get attention because your mother never payed attention to you. Something like that." She turned away from me.
     "Oh, I see. Well I no longer want to see any of your faces. Now go."
     She seemed shocked for some reason, or something along those lines. She walked back to the two boys, she seemed to say something inaudible, and quickly walked off the dumb boys following behind.
     Looking around, I made eye contact with Rantaro, who came over.
     "Hey, did everything go ok?"
     "Mhm."
     "What did they want to talk to you about?'
     "Nothing important."
     I laid my head on my arms. Getting the hint, Rantaro that I don't want to talk, he looked away. It's annoying that Miu is doing this in the first place. I mean yeah I told her that I lied about a panic attack, but for her to go this far, it's just bothersome. She's not gaining anything from doing this...
     I'm so tired, it's only been 9 days, I've only been through half.. Rae always liked the number 18, when she died back in middle school I just remembered hiding in my house for days. I only left to go to school when police started getting involved, y'know you can only miss so many days at school without an excuse. Lately I've been forgetting things, specifically about my friends. They died years ago, but I keep thinking it was sooner. Could be because I miss them or something, either way it's again annoying. I guess I could look to Rantaro for help, but I can't always rely on him. He's gonna betray me or something someday, he knows way too much I need to stop telling him things.
     I slightly look up at Rantaro, only to be greeted with his eyes on me.
     ...
     "Hey Kokichi, later today Shuichi is coming over to my house," he spoke. "You should come over too."
     "No, I hate him. Why would I go?" I didn't wanna see him. But maybe I should hear Rantaro out.
     "Well aren't you guys friends?"
     "Barely."
     "I just think you need to start getting new friends."
     I sat up, "Fucking pardon?"
     "I just mean, it's been a few years, and you've been like, not letting yourself make other friends. I just mean, maybe you can make friends with Shuichi?"
     I stood up, "No, I can't just do that. You don't understand!" I turned away.
     "Kokichi-" he reached out to me, but I was already off.