Day 3

• ♡ • ♥ • ♡ •

     Beep... beep..be-
     My hand smacked the alarm, usually I leave before it goes off.. wait, does that mean I slept in-
     Quickly I grabbed my phone to look at the time. Fuckk, there's like an hour or so before the bell rings.
     I grabbed my bag, I accidentally slept in my school clothes so this will be fine, I just hope from last night there's not any blood stains on me. I don't have enough time for breakfast. Not like I'd eat any anyway.
     "Nii~San!" I shouted at Rantaro. He was at the bottom of the driveway to my house, waiting for me.
     "Oh hey Kokichi," he put down his phone to look at me. I quickly run over to him, I quickly hug him, making him lose balance, stepping back to catch himself. "You came out later than usual, is everything ok?"
     "Yep! Just slept in by accident, Nishishi~!" I'm getting tired of people asking me that. First Shuichi, next Rantaro. Who's next, like Kaito or something?
     "Heh, alright, we need to hurry up and get to school though."
     "Oh yeah!" I grab him, "get ready to run! Nishishi~"
     We hurried to school, Shuichi and Kaito were outside the school, talking. We must've gotten here before class began.
     "Looks like we aren't late!" I turned to Rantaro, who was panting. "Ran~ran! Gosh you're so out of shape!" I laugh.
     "Yeah right.." he grabs my arm, "You're one to talk here!" He pulls me closer to me, picking me up.
     "No! Let me go!!" I flailed around. This doesn't actually bother me, usually it would, but this is Rantaro so it's all ok. Even though he could probably do whatever he wanted with me. But he's just too dumb to realize that, even though I wouldn't be able to fight back. Nevertheless I struggled trying to get out his grip, "Rantarooo!"
     "Haha! Alright, fine!" He puts me back down, where I immediately cross my arms, and stick my tongue out at him.
     "You're so mean Ran-ran! I was just saying, we used to run home during middle school all the time! What's so different now?"
     "Ahah, you know it's been awhile since middle school. I'm all old now," He laughed a bit.
     "Yeah, that makes sense I guess." I stuck out my tongue again, giving him a low glare. He seemed to just laugh in response.
     It became clear that some people were listening to us, when I heard Kaito calling for us.
     "Rantaro! Kokichi!" He was waving for us to come over, just like an idiot. God, he's so embarrassing.
     I would've continued to ignore his shouting, if Rantaro didn't grab my hand, and dragged me over. It seemed Shuichi was also embarrassed by Idiot~Chan's shouting, because he was hiding behind his school bag.
     "Saihara~Chan!" I ran over to give him a hug.
     "Oh hey Kokichi.." he accepted the hug, but didn't bother to hug me back.
     I heard a sigh, coming from a specific dumbass. "Why is it that he always gets a hug, but no one else does."
     "Awww is Momo jealous~?" I let go of Shuichi, and grabbed onto one of Kaito's arms, "Would you like me to hug you instead of my Shumai~?"
     "H-hey! Let go of me!" His face flushed up. Yeah he sure is manly alright.
     "That's enough Kokichi," I felt Rantaro pull me off of Kaito, I just turned to give him an angry look. It's probably good he put a stop on my antics. I mean they all hate me already, I should probably not make them anymore mad at me, otherwise it'll just be annoying.
     "Back to why I called you both over here, I was wondering if anyone studied for the test today." Kaito continued with the conversation, "I fell asleep while studying." Wait, we had a test today? Oh shit, it's Friday- of course we have a test today how could I have forgotten?! As long as I don't fail I should be fine!
     "I mostly knew what it was we were doing, so I didn't stay up too long." Rantaro spoke, and Shuichi agreed with him. I mean these tests aren't usually hard, I just hope I've paid enough attention in class, especially with how tired I've been this week.
     "Hehe~ I don't need to study to pass, I'm just so naturally smart!" Kill me.

• ♡ • ♥ • ♡ •

     For once, I was glad that it was lunch. I quickly made my way up to where I usually wait with Rantaro. For some reason, it seems like some people are avoiding me, like turning away from me, and avoiding eye contact. Specifically speaking, Miu, Kiibo, even Gonta, as well as some upperclassmen. It's weird, I know people hate me, but like, not this much.
     "Are you gonna eat lunch today?" Rantaro greeted me as I sat down. I know he was genuinely asking, and not being a dick. But like, why does he even need to ask, he doesn't actually care, no one would. Hell, I'll even prove it! To myself I guess because no one actually cares like I said.
     "Ew no, school lunch is disgusting." Just like me.
     "Are you sure? If you want I'll buy you food from the vending machine, or something." Oh yeah, you really care soooo much huh?
     "Hehe~ nope I'm alright Ran~ran! I'll eat dinner straight when I get home!" And there it is, another empty promise.
     "Okay, okay, I just really care about you. After all you're a little brother to me."
     Shut up. He needs to shut up. Lying like this is just mean. He doesn't actually care, and I know this. Everyone knows he hates me, just as much as everyone else! God I hate him!
     "Awww thanks Amami~Chan~! You're too nice," I laughed this off. Yeah this is fine. I'm ok. This conversation won't matter in, how many days? 16 more right? Yeah, this will be over soon enough.
     We sat in silence, it wasn't bad, but not ideal for me. I hate silence, I bet he's probably thinking badly of me.
     "By the way, do you know why people are avoiding me?" I broke the silence, I really wanted to know if there was anybody spreading rumors about me.
    "Oh? Yeah, Miu was talking about what happened yesterday. And started talking to people about it."
     "You have to be kidding me! Really?"
     "Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm sure if you tell her about-"
     "No! Absolutely not!" Fucking hell. It's not like I can actually tell Miu why I reacted like that. She'll just give me pity, that is if she would believe me at all.
     "Ahah, that was just a suggestion. I understand if you don't want to do that, I just felt that would be the best option for you."
     "I can't do that, that's a horrible idea!" There's no way that's the best option. He probably is just trying to make me vulnerable, if everyone knew then they'd definitely take advantage!
     "I already said you don't need to do that, it's alright Kokichi." He got up and put his hands on my shoulders. It may have been a mistake though, I was already worked up and pushed him off me.
     "No! I want her to stop! I don't like it." I started pulling on my hair again. Rantaro grabbed onto my hands, removing them from my head. I don't know how he does it, but he found a way to stop me from doing that without hurting me. Kinda sweet in a way.
     "Kokichi, everything is going to be ok. I'm sure the rumors will be forgotten in like a week."
     "No I don't want to wait, I want this to stop now!"
     "I don't think there's a way you can force that."
     "Then I'll find a way!" I made a long whining noise afterwards.
     He made a sigh, "alright fine. Whatever you want to do." He turned and grabbed his stuff, "I'm going to go to Kaito, and Shuichi's table. They asked me to eat with them earlier."
     "Huh? Oh, ok then." I brought back my usual facade, smiling at Rantaro. "Have fun Ran~Chan!"
     He smiled back at me, and simply went off... Did I make him mad? Or did I do something? I know I was complaining but would he leave me for that?
     It's not like I care, it just kinda proves I'm right. It doesn't matter, this doesn't matter, I'm just going to go to the bathrooms and wait for the bell there. Yeah that should be fine..