Day 6

• ♡ • ♥ • ♡ •
⚠️⚠️bullying, reference S/A⚠️⚠️

     It's happening again. There on my desk, was a placed plotted white lotus blossom. These flowers are given to graves of dead people, but it's known when they are left for someone alive, that means they are wanted dead. Back in middle school I used to get these daily. Along with rude words written on my desk. I wasn't the only one, a couple friends in dice were often gifted with these too.
     Rantaro was the only other one in the classroom, he seemed to be surprised. I was expecting this to happen, I'm unlikable, everyone hates me. I simply sighed as Rantaro grabbed the potted plant off my desk. As he walks over to the trash, I grab onto him.
     "Rantaro, am I really that bad?"
     Why does this matter? I'm going to die in 13 days, everyone will be so much happier.
     Rantaro placed the beautiful plant back down. After a couple seconds of silence, he turned around to me, and pulled me into a hug.
     "Kokichi, you aren't like that. I'm sorry, this place should be treating you differently. Not like this." He pulled me closer. I don't know why he's doing this. He knows this stuff has always been happening.
     ...
     "Haha!"
     There stood a bunch of kids in this classroom, most laughing. I was pushed down on the floor, as a boy in my class grabbed a sharpie from the teachers desk. It was after school and the teacher already left as well as the kids, but these boys won't let me go. They held me down so I couldn't leave school. I just want to go home.
     Two kids were holding me down, any chance to get away was fruitless, yet I still tried to get them off.
     "I can't believe you really let him do that to you." He climbed on top of me, my kicks were worthless, as he opened the sharpie, writing something on his face. I found out later it was ふしだらな女 (Slut). It isn't that surprising after all, they were friends of his. That night trying to wipe off the marker really hurt.
     ...
     Bam, I was shut in a locker, but compared to just being stuck in here by myself, they locked me in here with a lit firecracker. That really hurt, especially with everyone just walking past me, no one even tried to get me out.
     ...
     Everyone either hates me, or feels pity. Yet no one even tries to talk to me, especially after what happened with Rae and our other friends. There were writings and a bunch of white flowers on my desk everyday. It even got to the point where teachers and principals stopped trying to find the culprits who would do this. Rantaro was the only person who ever cared for me, I assumed it was out of pity, but he started getting backlash yet continued to take care of me. When I heard he was auditioning for hopes peak, I thought this might've been one of my only chances to get away from here. When I got accepted it was great.
     ...
     And yet here we are. Standing in a classroom, having the exact same scenario playing out. Getting upset, about a fucking flower.
     We weren't alone for long, as light footsteps entered the room. "Kokichi? Rantaro?" It was Kaede. "H-huh?!" She came over to us, picking up the potted flower. "Who gave this for you?" She looked over at me.
     "Hehe~! I dunno!" I smiled at her.
     "We should tell a teacher-"
     "What will they do? Ask who did it? What a joke!" I grabbed the flower back from her. A pure, beautiful white lotus blossom. It really contrasted compared to me,
disgusting. That's what I am. I placed the flower in my bag. "I'll save it for later, a cute flower like this shouldn't die here." I just hope it'll be ok there, until school is over at least.
     "Kokichi- this isn't ok, no one should have to deal with this."
     "Please Kay-yay-day. You're so dumb, it's just a flower."
     It seemed like she was about to respond, but Rantaro put a hand on her; he shook his head, to tell her not to even try to disagree.

• ♡ • ♥ • ♡ •

     "Kokichi see me after class..." Mrs. Chisa passed back out the test graded, the weird part was that fact I had gotten a zero on it. I don't know how, I may not know this subject well, but I know it well enough. Currently I'm waiting outside the classroom waiting for her. I know I must've at least gotten some of the easy stuff right.. How am I supposed to show my mother this? Especially after yesterday.. I'm just lucky I had Advil to take this morning, my shoulder isn't hurting from it anymore.
     "Kokichi," Mrs. Chisa stepped out of the classroom, and walked towards me. "About your test, while me and the other teachers were grading, one of them suspected you were cheating."
     "Huh? What? How!" Wowww, I did so bad that they think I copied from someone? Or from the internet or something.
     "You answered every question differently then how I taught it, yet you still got almost everything right."
     "What? Mrs. Chisa, I can assure you, that I didn't cheat at all, everything I wrote-" she interrupted me this time.
     "No Kokichi, you're a good kid, I know this is your work. But I was unable to prove it to the other teachers."
     I stayed silent, waiting for her to continue.
     "I'm trying to show them that this is your work, but I don't know how yet."
     "What am I supposed to tell my mother? That you all think I cheated on a test, and that everything is fine?" I had more anger in my voice then intended. She seemed to think for a moment.
     "Yeah, pretty much. If she has any questions she can call me."
     ... she's definitely gonna think I'm lying. What can I even do now? I can't force all the other teachers to believe me. You know what, this is fine. Just in 13 more days, I'll be killing myself. When I'm dead it won't matter.
     "If you want Kokichi I probably could-"
     "No Mrs. Chisa, this is fine, I believe you. I'm sure my mother can understand." I know I'm lying about this, but what else can I do? Like I said this won't matter soon at all, so she shouldn't worry about this. A zero will greatly affect my grade, but I'll still be passing. I need to stop thinking about my grade, like I said I'll be dead.
     "Thank you for understanding Kokichi, I'll get this issue dealt with as soon as possible."
     "Of course Mrs, Chisa! Don't worry too much about me!" I gave her a smile.
     "Yeah, go run off now, Rantaro should be waiting for you right?"
     "Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Thank you Mrs. Chisa!" I shouted the last bit after I started running. I hurried outside, I bet I made Rantaro wait for a long time. Jeez I won't be hearing the end of this one.
     When I opened the door and ran outside, at the gate I noticed it wasn't just Rantaro there, Shuichi was there too. Great, now I have to talk to him too.
     "Ran~Chan! Shumai!" I ran over and hugged Shuichi, I turned around and hugged Rantaro after.
     "Hey Kichi," Rantaro greeted me, "Is everything alright, what happened with Mrs. Chisa?"
     "I'm suspected of cheating on a test, and I currently have a zero on it. Doesn't really matter but it sucks, y'know."
     "Yeah that does.. also how's your shoulder? Does it feel any better?" Of course he has to ask that. In front of Saihara too.
     "Something happened to your shoulder?" I could hear Shuichi ask. God damn it, now I have to lie to him.
     "Yep! You know last night, when I was out with D.I.C.E. Committing crimes, my arm was ripped off! Ahah!"
     "That was a lie, wasn't it. What really happened?"
     "Wow Shumai! No need to sound so concerned, I got hit with a glass bottle, and just asked Rantaro to help." He shouldn't know all the details, after all he may use it against me. Somehow. I don't trust him.
     "W-what? Are you alright! Can I see your arm, I want to check it-"
     "I made sure his arm is ok, you don't need to check anything." Thank god Rantaro's to the rescue. If Saihara figured out I cut I'm not sure how he'd react, and since Rantaro already found out again...
     "Oh right! I-im sorry," Shuichi took a step back, realizing he probably made me uncomfortable. I would've declined if Rantaro didn't do it for me, but thinking of more lies to say to him would be too hard right now.
     "Shumai, is there any reason you waited out here with Rantaro? Eheh, did you wanna see meeeee?" I teased.
     "Well- yeah, since you were inside talking to the teacher, I thought to wait with Rantaro, so he wouldn't be alone."
     "Awww how sweet!"
     "Hey Shuichi, why don't you walk home with me and Kokichi? We could all hang out at my house." Rantaro asked.
     "Yes Saihara~Chan! Come with us!" I will be needing to stay at Rantaro's house for a while, just to stay away from my mother.
     "Oh, alright I supposed I can hang out for a little while.."