Chapter 22

Today, they were taking off the bandage on Jake's face and he was going back home. Mac had class and Shane and Troy were needed at home. It was only me and Karen that were here with Jake and even that, Karen had to leave for her shift in about 10 minutes if she wanted to make it on time.

I smiled when Jake came out of the room, bandage free, looking more gorgeous that ever but there was a little a scar beside his right eye. He still looked amazing though. That scar only made him look hotter ngl. Stop it Jenny.

The air wasn't the same between Jake and I. Things were more serious. More heated. We were now emotionally there for each other like we had connected. Yeah, connected. That was the word. We were in sync now and though we still have little fights. They were cute. Whenever I could I would spend the night with him since he admitted he slept better when I was around. I would do anything for him.

"What do you think?" He smiled.

I placed my hand on my cheek, thinking about it. Jake's smile dropped and I laughed. "Just kidding. You look good."

"Just good? No other word comes to mind?" He stands on his feet when we get out of the hospital. I was astounded at how normal he looked. Like nothing had ever happened. I liked that. I missed him.

"I have to go now guys." Karen states, "I wish I could stay but I don't think that's a good idea." I nodded too because I knew her boss won't appreciate that.

"It's alright. Thank you for coming." Jake smiled politely at her. Karen gave me a hug before leaving. It was me and Jake left and he chuckled before opening his arms wide. I ran up to him and he lifted me into his arms in a tight sweet hug.

"I'm glad you're out."

"Me too, Jenny." He kissed my temple before setting me on my feet. He smiled at me, his eyes running through my face, his hazel eyes twinkling. I could tell he was very happy. "Let's go home."

"Which home? Mine or yours?"

"Mine. I want to introduce you officially to my brother."

I nodded and he gave me his car keys. I drove to his house and all the way his hand rested on my thigh. I tried not to feel giddy about it but I couldn't. We walked into his house. I saw Lucas watching a show on the tv and I smiled stepping forward when I heard us come in.

"Hi Lucas." I extended my arm out, "I'm Jenny, Jake's friend. I saw you at the hospital but I didn't exactly reach out."

He smiled warmly at me and extended his arm to shake mine and with his other hand he was typing on his phone. He put the phone in my face and i read the contents.

I know who you are, Jake talks about you all the time, I'm sure I can recognize you if there's an alien invasion and they snatched our bodies lol. You're very pretty though. Nice to meet you. I'm Lucas.

I laughed out loud at his comment and Jake struggled to read whatever was on Lucas' phone but Lucas blocked it, sticking out his tongue.

"Okay, hands down. I am in love with your brother. He is the cutest."

Jake frowned. "I thought I was the cutest ."

Lucas shook his head with a knowing smirk and Jake growled at him, "That's it. Go to bed."

Lucas laughed and his blond hair fell into his face. Jake had sandy brown hair and hazel, honey, bright brown eyes, green sometimes while Lucas had blond hair and the brightest green eyes. He was really good-looking and he was just a kid. Lucas saluted Jake with a smirk and then waved at me, blowing me a kiss as he went up the stairs