Chapter 7

I was sitting on his bed again while he was taking care of things downstairs.  She knew he was somewhat offended that she had thrown up when she wanted to taste his food as if she was repulsed by it but it wasn't that. She just had too much to drink and her body chose to sober up at that moment.

He walked into his room holding a cup in his hands.  He sat at the edge of the bed and handed her a cup. "It's hot chocolate. You don't seem to like my food and I don't hold it against you. It's just something to fill your empty stomach and I'm pretty sure you won't throw up because of it." he rambled sheepishly. It was really amusing to watch.

"I didn't throw up because of your food." I said, my voice light and teasing. He looked up and I took the cup from his hands, "I've just not had an appetite for the past few days. I'm sorry I didn't try your food but if you want I can still have it." I said not fully telling him the truth.

He beamed, "Yeah, yeah. I'll go get it, of course." He rushed out the door the second time and came back really quickly. The food was delicious. It really was and I was stuffed. He quickly tended to my head again and I figured it was time for me to leave. The sun was already setting.

"I have to go."

He was on his phone when I said that and he froze. He tensed when I started walking to his room door.

"No, please don't." he stared at me frantically. I was really confused by his reaction but when I looked into his eyes, I caught his expression.

Fear.

Fear that I'll go back to the the bridge.

I was touched that he was worried about whether I'll kill myself or not but it was none of his concern. He had nothing to do with it.

"Get out of my way Jake."

"Please, just stay here for tonight. You can take my room, I'll sleep on the couch just don't leave!"

I crossed my arms and glared at him, "Why?"

He hesitated before he spoke, "Because you have so much to live for." I froze. My mind jumped back to everything that has happened to me.  Tears pooled in my eyes and I shook my head.

"I don't."

I thought he'll leave me alone at that. Instead, his arms wrapped around me and I broke. I cried into his chest and he pulled me even tighter, stroking my hair. I don't know why he was hugging me but I really needed this.

"Please stay." he said into my hair and for the first time and I was left questioning if I even wanted to die in the first place.

"You don't want me around Jake."

"I do."

"I have issues." my eyes drifted to my cut arms and thighs.  I didn't know if he has seen them or not but if he has, he hasn't mentioned anything about it.

He breathed into my neck and I shivered, "I know. We all have issues," he pulled away from me to look into my eyes, "Let me help you, Jenny. Let us help."

"Us?" I was really confused.

"God. God can help you too."

Sorry for the late update, I've not been feeling well. Please don't forget to click the star and share please! Thank you!