Chapter 37: Preparation

Start from the beginning

The city lord frowned. He could see that although only the insidious-looking man spoke, many of the warriors and Adventurers in the hall seemed to share the same thought.

In the end, not many people were noble enough to risk their lives to fight a 100 thousand strong army of monsters for a city and people they barely knew.

In the end, the city lord sighed.

City Lord: I understand. How about this, the city hall will pay double the price of all the spoils you get in this battle. That is enough as a reward, right?

The insidious-looking adventurer smiled and closed his eyes. It was obvious that he was content with the city lord's words.

At that moment, it was the buff looking man, one of the three A-rank beside the city lord, turn to speak.

A-rank Buff Man: City lord, I heard the kingdom is sending a Demigod here. Do you know how much he will take to arrive here, and what demigod is it?

The city lord shook his head.

City Lord: Unfortunately, I don't receive information about his/her identity, but he will arrive tonight. Well, no Demigod is weak. I'm sure whoever that demigod is, he will make the battle much easier.

The buff man nodded.

After that, some others asked some questions, and the city lord replied to them. After half an hour, most of the questions were replied.

City Lord: Any other opinion?

The city lord asked after replying to the last question.

Nobody raised their hands, so the city lord heaved a tired sigh and got readied to put an end to this meeting.

But at that moment, someone spoke.

???: I have something to say!

Everybody turned in direction of the voice.

Instantly, they saw a black-skin young man in the middle of the crowd alonside two other men and one Iron Golem. The three look fairly handsome a bit but not that much. All of their faces were very calm, like they seem like they were experience.

When the city lord saw the young man, he frowned.

City Lord: Basically, what is it?

Basically: City lord, I fear the information you have is wrong.

City Lord: Huh?

Random Adventurer Girl: Wrong? What do you mean, young man.

Basically: The number of enemies is not 100 thousand, it's over two million 😐

Everyone(Except the Three): !!!!!!!!!!

Instantly, a commotion ensued in the hall. Some of the adventurers stood up, while others turned pale. But nobody was able to remain calm after hearing those words.

A-rank Old man: And who are you, boy, and why would we believe you? Could it be you are trying to lower our morale.

Instantly, the pressure of an A-rank attacked Marcel.