Chapter 50: Friends Assemble

Začít od začátku

The boys looked at Tea who sighed "I guess I will go too since I cannot leave those 2 idiots going with you. Someone has to make sure they don't get you in trouble. (Y/n) isn't here to scare them straight so I gotta do it." Tristan and Joey squint glare at Tea when she starts to climb. The boys stepped back and turned around because Tea was in a skirt and out of respect they turned around for her so they didn't see anything underneath. They heard her land on the ground and walked up in the middle of them "Lead the way pharaoh." Tea smiles and lightly hit him on his arm with her book bag. Edging him to lead them to wherever he was dead set on having Yugi ditch school for.

»»——♡——««

"Why are we in the shopping district?" Joey asked with his hands in his pockets as he was looking around. Tea stared at the back of the pharaoh since he was walking ahead of them. "Wait a minute. Don't tell me." Tea mumbles and stops when Yami stops in front of a store. The group looked up "Uh, Okay, I am totally lost. You skipped class to come to a jewelry shop?" Joey was confused as he stared up at the sign "Little Rabbit Jewelers" which had a little crystal shard with a cute little pink bunny rabbit holding it as a cane. Tea looked over to Joey who was clueless "Oh right, you weren't there." Tea went to Joey and started to explain what happened in the duel between Yami and Dartz. Mostly the part where Yami swore he would get you a ring once you both saved the world. Yami clears his throat "I told you guys that you didn't need to come." His cheeks flushed red from being a little shy from ditching class for this. Tristan shakes his head and pats Yami on his back "We didn't but we wouldn't wanna miss this." he smiled proudly knowing he was going to be in a moment that was important for Yami and for you later. "You need a ladies taste too. After all you need many opinions for the perfect ring, right?" Tea winks with a confident smile because she knew she was going to be most reliable on this hunt for the perfect ring for you. This was a huge honor to be a part of and it would be a fun adventure that doesn't involve her life being at risk for once.

"See, I told you they would be helpful pharaoh." Yugi's spirit appeared beside Yami who flashed him a smile and mouthed "You were right, thank you." to Yugi who smiled sweetly before disappearing from Yami's side.

Joey grins and runs up to the door to yank it open with the light jingle of the door entrance's bell jiggling from his dramatic yank Well let's not just stand here! Come on!" Joey calls to them while looking over his shoulder to look at them. The group smiled at Joey and walked inside as he held the door for them. Joey let go of the door that slowly closes itself when he left it to rejoin his friends. The store was small but a wide variety of jewelry was around in glass display cases. The case's lights made them shine brilliantly and their twinkle sparkled up the store's ceiling. A woman in a grey suit was standing behind one of the displays and busy helping out another couple choose a set of rings. She glanced over to the friend group with a brow raised already at the mere sight of them 'Those are Domino High School uniforms. Shouldn't they be at school right now? Why are these kids in my store at this hour of the day?' she thought to herself while explaining the amount of karats were in the particular jewelry the couple chose to look at out of the display case.

The friend group went over to a set of display cases of engagement rings. Tristan had a dorky smile on his face. "I wonder which ring I will choose to put on my beautiful Serenity's finger." Tristan sighs happily and Joey glares at Tristan "Like ya ever be the one to marry my little sister in the first place. Over my dead body pal." Joey threatens Tristan, his smile dropped and he was having a glare off with Joey while arguing over being a great match for Serenity. Tea rolled her eyes and scooted over to look over the display case Yami was looking at. Her eyes glazed over to the sight of many engagement rings of all sorts of colors and bands and shapes. They were all so beautiful that even she was finding it hard to decide. Tea takes her eyes off of the rings to turn to Yami "Do you even know what her ring size is?" Yami smiles at that question and nods "She is a 6. I heard her tell Kaiba that when he wanted to buy her some accessories for her new place for her wardrobe on the helicopter home." Tea chuckles at Yami being a keen listener. She didn't know Kaiba asked you that. Then again, she fell asleep halfway through the flight back home. She was exhausted from all the stress, the walking, the running around, escaping from evil creatures, and surviving a train wreck that she just passed out after an hour of finding both Yami and you on that small island.