Chapter 65: Eye for an Eye

-Notes-

AO3 Account: 1_Weeb_Writer_1

I do not own Yugioh characters or franchise(s), Belongs rightfully to Toei Animations. The Series belongs to Kazuki Takahashi (Yugioh Duel Monsters) & Shin Yoshida (Yugioh Zexal Author) & Naohito Miyoshi (Yugioh Zexal Manga Artist). English dubs belong rightfully to 4Kids Entertainment & 4K Media.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

You played the trap card mirror force to try to make sure the damage done was only on the courtyard. 'UGH!! KEEPING COLLATERAL DAMAGE TO A BARE MINIMUM WOULD BE EASIER IF MY DAMN DAGGER WAS WORKING!!! OUT OF ALL THE TIMES I NEED IT MY DAGGER WOULD BE A LITTLE BITCH AND PEACE ITSELF OUT JUST HAAAAD TO BE RIGHT NOW?!' You were limp running over towards the ashy burnt stage. You grunt a bit from the throbbing you were forcing your leg to endure. Shining Friendship cooed in a sad noise. A worried look upon the green gumball fairy. "Stay low. I need to think." You whisper. Making them follow you to be hiding behind the stage. They cuddled beside you as your duel monsters were fighting it out. You took their fight as your chance to hide in the meantime. Trying to buy yourself some time to think of a proper plan. You were being completely reckless the entire time earlier. Not properly using that time to your advantage when you should have now that you can't use the millennium dagger. Which was odd and really bad timing.

'I mean . . .' You placed a hand over your purse that miraculously was still around you in cross-body form. Then again it was a purse given from Kaiba so it is made to handle such disasters you go through. Best of the best. Kaiba's style. 'I can still slice Paradox's throat with my dagger. It is still a weapon even without its magical prowess. All I need to do is get close to him. Only problem is . . .' You lean the back of your head against the wall with a heavy sigh 'I cannot run much with my leg like this.' You knew running with your limping leg was going to hurt although you were willing to risk running. You wanted to see the other possible options. Trying to not be too reckless this time. Unless it was necessary. "SHOW YOURSELF (Y/N)!!! YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVER!!!" Paradox yelled out. You roll your eyes at this man's taunting. They were getting annoying at this point. You peeked out from behind the curtain "Shit. He would be up there." You cursed lowly to yourself. Paradox was on the back of Stardust. He was keeping himself steady on Yusei's dragon while it was fighting against your duel monsters. Shining Friendship frowns seeing how your duel monsters were giving their all against Paradox's duel monsters that weren't rightfully his. You wince when Shining Friendship's wing hits your cheek.

That hit gave you a bright idea.

A ridiculous one really.

You pull Shining Friendship back with you in your hiding spot. "How much weight can you carry?" You ask with a confident smile while the gumball fairy tilted its head to the side in pure confusion.

»»——♡——««

Paradox stumbled a bit back from the rocky motion on Rainbow Dragon. It was fighting for dominance through its dragon breath attacks. Their powers were clashing against each other. Making the area far much brighter. His golden eyes scanned around. Using his hand to try to block out the blinding lights these dragons were emitting. Trying to find where the fuck you were hiding. 'Coward' Paradox scoffed in his thoughts. Squinting his eyes hard. "Gah. The hell?" He grunts. A glare of light beamed in the corner of his eye. "What the —" He was cut off. The world seemed to have slowed down with this heavy sucker punch he received on the right side of his face. Paradox flew back on the dragon. The world slowly started to regain its actual speed. "Do you want to continue to keep losing?" A woman's voice echoed in his throbbing head. 'Who the hell are you?' He thought. Not really giving it much thought or hope to the voice would even respond. "It does not matter who I am." His eyes focused on the now clear figure marching towards him. Seeing you had angel-like wings spread. These wings almost looked like they were a part of you, though, they weren't. They were a part of Shining Friendship. The fairy was holding onto you on your back. Its cheeks were flushed from carrying you and flying up here. "Do you want to die without saving your future?" The voice continued. Paradox spat blood off to the side. Trying to force himself up although you kicked him in the face with your good leg. Making him fall on his back. "This is the end of the line for you" You had your dagger in your hand. Already sending it down to stab Paradox. You were hoping that the one eye that you could see out of was aiming the dagger right.