◾ Wedding in Paris ◾

"Are you sure about this?" 

"Of course I'm sure, now do it." Why is he being so stubborn. 

"I mean we still got time." He smiles sheepishly, making me roll my eyes. 

"There's no time better than now. And I know, you'll let someone talk you out of it."

"Fine." He huffs and hits the submit button. 

"Yipee." I jump and clap my hands. Chase and I just applied to our dream colleges. He to Stanford and Berkley, I to Harvard and NYU. I'm so happy. Shutting his laptop, he walks over to his bed and practically falls on it. I lay beside him, staring at the ceiling.
       "Can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm gonna miss you Carter." I sigh, waiting for him to laugh in my face. But when he doesn't I look over to him only to find him already staring at me.

Slowly his lips turn into a smirk and I almost face palm my self. Way to go Ana.

       He starts laughing when I roll my eyes.

"Oh Ana banana. I'll miss you too." he chuckles and pulls me in a hug.

Its been a week since we came back from Santa Monica. He wanted to spend some time with his family so we didn't have a chance to hangout much. So yeah, the explanation and the date is still due. I stay tangled in his arms, breathing in his scent, while he gently brushes my hair. 

"Ana?" I hum, letting him know I'm listing. "Lets go out for lunch." he says softly. I quickly spring up to my feet and dart towards the door. Before exiting I say, "First to reach the car, chooses the place." 

Chase instantly runs after me but I'm faster. We race down the stairs and to the door.
      "Careful kids." Lily shouts behind us, but my hysterical giggles muffle it in the background.
   Last night it rained pretty  heavily, so the weather is colder than  usual and there are puddles of water all over. As I'm running down the front yard, my foot drops in a mud puddle  causing me to slip over and land straight in my ass.       

      Chase stops and starts laughing at me. He bends down with his hands resting on his knees, wheezing. 

Jerk

Me being me, kick him on the shin, making him loose his balance and fall right into a larger puddle.
"Take that jerk." This time its my turn to laugh.
     He tries to glare at me, but ends up laughing even harder. 

"What's going on here?" Lily's voice calls from the front door. She has a smile plastered on her lips and her hands are crossed over her chest. This is just like old times. Only this time, Its me who kicked Chase into the mud and we are not crying about it. 

"Just trying to make some mud castles." I giggle. She pulls out her phone and says, "Say mud castles."

Chase and I both laugh at her, nevertheless smile at the camera. He slings his muddy arm around my shoulder, putting some of it in my hair. "Get off me doffus. You got mud in my hair." I push him away. I quickly stand up and then help him. We are about to head towards our houses to clean up, when someone sniffles.