◾ Night Swims ◾

Sup Nerd

Sup Nerd.

Why are you texting me. I'm sitting right beside you.

The same reason you are texting me.

And why am I texting you?

I don't know Clarke.
Now listen up. What are you dong in the evening?

"What? Now you asking me out." She laughs, earning a stone hard glare from the teacher. 

"I'm sorry miss teacher. She tends to have fit like these." I apologize on her behalf, patting her shoulder. Ana's hand smacks me across the head.

"Chill out. I'm not asking you out. There's a place I wanted to show you." Since the weather's been so warm and cozy for the past few days, its the right time to go there. At least the water won't be chilling. 

Tapping her chin with her index finger, she gives it a thought. "Okay." She says a while later.

"Really?" I thought I'd have to beg her to come with me. That was easy.

"What time?"

"Uhh... how about 9. After dinner?"

"Okay." She nods and gets back to copying the notes down. 

After school, Miles and I stay back for the practice and about 2 hours later we head home. Sometimes... I feel like strangling the coach to death. But the thought of jail, makes a shiver run down my spine.

Anyways, I need a nap, cause Its going to be a long night. But before that. What is she doing? 

"What are you doing?" I ask stepping into her devastated room.

"I lost something." 

"Let me guess. Your heart?" I smirk.

"Shut up Carter. I don't have time for your cheesy pick up lines." Ana scolds while rummaging through her drawers.

"What was it." This time I question with a lot more sincerity.

"I can't tell you." She deadpans.

"Fine. I think I should go then." I shrug and start to leave. And 3... 2... 1.

"No wait. I can use an extra set of hands." Huh. I knew it. She sighs in defeat and says, "It was my bucket list." Oh shit. "I thought I kept it in my journal, but I can't find it anywhere." I mean sooner or later, she had to find out. 

"Can't you just make a new one."

"I don't remember half of the things. I just scribbled everything that came to my mind, it was a spontaneous one." I want to tell her. But I feel like its not the right time. What if she gets mad and doesn't come to the lake with me. What if she stops talking to me.