Chapter 50 MINE

Haven had lost all hope as she saw the rogue man reached out for her. She had just closed her eyes , bracing herself for whatever would soon follow when she heard a roar that send chills down her spines.

" GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY MATE!!" She heard a deep voice growled.

' Mate? What is he talking about?' Haven's eyes immediately flew open only to see the rogue standing in front of her a few seconds ago , being hoisted high above the ground by another man whom she couldn't see clearly. She watched the man tear off the rogue's head as it was nothing .

' Mate!!' She heard Kira pranced about excitedly.

' Mate?' Haven repeated, confusion written all over her face as she looked at the tall man before her. She didn't know why relief suddenly washed over her seeing man standing there, shielding her from the greedy eyes of the rogues.

Haven was too weak to care about what would happen next. Deep down , she knew he would never let them hurt her. She closed her eyes, her ears were soon filled with the snarls and growls coming from the wolves around her.

After a while, all the growls finally died down, making Haven's ears welcome th peace that came with the silence.

She laid there, on hard ground, the cold wind made her shiver slightly. Her face was bruised badly due to all the slaps and blows Roel had inflicted on her.

Even her stomach hurt from all the kicks she had received. A sharp pain tore through her body anytime she tried moving so she just gave up and laid there instead, hands still tied behind her back.

Haven's eyes were still closed when she felt a figure crounched down beside her. Warm hands held her shoulders gently as she felt herself being pulled up from the ground. Haven could feel an electric spark graze over the bare skin he had placed his hands. She could feel the heat from the spark, but in a good way. It somehow managed to calm her nerves, making her feel better.

Haven gasped in shock as her eyes fluttered open curiously. She wanted to know who it was that had touched her. Her blue eyes gently fluttered open only to me the pair of blue eyes staring back ather.

Haven's eyes widen in shock as she recognized the man looking at her with an unfathomable gaze.

" You ?!! "  She screamed out in shock. At the same time Kira screamed out happily,

' Mate !!!!'

Seeing him up close like this, the first thought that came to her mind was; he really is handsome.

If it wasn't for the shock she was feeling right now and her body shivering from the cold wind, Haven would have most definitely blushed at her own thought.

Not to exaggerate but the beauty of the man alone out all other handsome men to shame. His enchanting blue eyes held her captive as she laid there, looking up at him. They were in that position for a while before Haven started wriggling her body, trying to free herself from his grip on her shoulder.

Out of the blue, the man pulled her into his embrace, his big arm wrapped around her tiny waist while the other arm held her shoulder tightly, but not tight enough to crush her.

" Mine" He whispered into her ears in a voice that made butterflies fluttered about in her stomach.

Haven gasped, feeling tthe Supreme Alpha's hot breath on her neck as he hug her tightly  —  as if he never had the plan to ever let go.

===========

Lucious closed his eyes , breathing in the only scent that could calm his raging heart. His mate's scent– the scent of fresh summer breeze filled his nose, making him let out a small growl in contention.

He couldn't believe it. Was the Moon Goddess really playing some sort of sick game with him now?

How can the rogue he had locked up forcefully, turn out to be his fated mate? That was simply absurd!

Lucious now knew the reason he was always restless and crazy whenever he was around the rogue. He now understood why he completely lost it when it came to her. He was never the same ever since the rogue had come into his life? That was because she really was his mate.

Mate?

Lucious felt like laughing out loud. Nice Selene, really nice. He was finding out she was his mate after he had already caused her so much pain. What a joke!

He had never thought he would actually be blessed with a mate. He had always loved Natasha and considered her to be his mate. He had vowed not to want any other woman apart from her but Lucious could feel his vow crumbling into dust as he held the most important thing in his life in his arms. His mate.

" Mine" He whispered in his husky voice, taking in her lovely scent deeply.

He could feel his mate wriggling in his arms which only made him hold her tight. After so many years, he had finally found her. He won't let her ever go again.

After sometime, when he felt her struggling had reduce, he gently pushed her back, his eyes looking at her softly.

Lucious grimaced seeing what they had done to his mate. He could feel fresh anger slowly fill him up as he saw the bruises and cuts all over her face.

How dare they touch his mate?! He felt like ripping those bastards all over again.  Lucious sighed , running one of his bloodied hands through his dark hair.

His main priority right now was the girl in front of him. Girl? He must be kidding. For the first time since he met her, he was finally seeing her as a woman.

' A very beautiful woman' Daryl, his wolf grinned sheeplessly.

' Shut up Daryl!' He looked at the woman before him, his mate.

It felt really weird addressing the rogue as his mate but Lucious didn't care at all. He reached out his hands, trying to wipe away some blood off her cheeks.

" Don't you dare touch me!!" She suddenly hollered making him pause his hands in mid air.