Chapter 41 DANCE (2)

" Haven" Tristan breathed out without even realizing it. " She's here"

" What?!!" Mika didn't even realize when she yelled. Thankfully, everyone's mind was on the dance so not many people paid attention to her.

" What the fuck are you saying Tristan ? Have you gone insane?! " She demanded incredously, looking at him as if he's totally lost it. Tristan shook his head to indicate she was completely wrong .

" I'm telling you Mika. I'm very sure she's the one. My heart would never lie to me" He smiled making Mika stare at him in shock.

From the time she had made Tristan kick Haven out of the pack, he had completely lost his smile. But that had been the least of her concerns. Mika was glad she had gotten rid of Haven, she was extremely happy. With Haven out of the way, Tristan would only be hers. It didn't matter to her if Haven was her bestfriend or not. All she wanted was Tristan and she got him —  right?

Mika's head snapped towards the direction Tristan was looking at, her eyes darting around to try catch a glimpse of the ' Haven' he was talking about. She didn't believe it.

She simply couldn't. Haven was dead. She should have died by now.

No! Mika refused to believe it.

" Tristan, what are you talking about? Stop imagining rubbish and come with me!" She tried placed her hands on his shoulder which got shrugged off furiously.

" I'm warning you Mika, don't ever try to touch me again." He growled, his voice deep with annoyance. He glared at her before turning to leave, rushing in the direction he had seen Haven go.

Mika balled her fists as she stood there watching her very own mate run after some imaginary person.

Fine Tristan!! Go and see if you can find your 'lovely Haven' She rolled her eyes in annoyance .

===========

Haven  finally let out a sigh of relief as she quickly exchanged places with a lady next to her. She smirked, winking at her former dance partner as she saw the shock on his face. Haven could see the shock slowly morph into anger but that was the least of her problems now.

At least she had gotten rid of him, now she had to find a way to go away from this place. She felt herself being passed to another man and then another man and then another.

' What's with all of these nonsense?' Haven frowned as soon when she felt her hands come in contact with a man. Haven didn't know why, but the feeling was so familiar —  she knew this feeling. The raised her blue eyes to look at the taller man before her.

Haven's heartbeat drastically increased as her blue eyes came in contact with his black eyes. Haven felt her breath hitched in her throat , her mouth slightly opened in shock.

' Tristan? ' She breathed, her heart thumping in her chest. Haven didn't know how she felt at that moment, seeing the man she had been inlove with standing before her very eyes. She could feel her heart tugging painfully remembering all what he did to her.

The pain of the betrayal hit her hard, she could feel tears begin to form in her eyes. Thankfully, the place was a bit dark so it'd be hard for him to recognize her. Haven tried calming her raging heart, praying silently for another exchange. She didn't have to wait for long as the next moment, another exchange happened. Haven quickly released her hands from his and turned to move on to the next man.

Just by seeing Tristan , she could feel all the pain she had been trying so hard to forget resurface again. Haven had thought she had buried her feelings for him, deep in her heart . She thought she didn't want anything to do with him anymore but it was all a lie. It took everything in her not to run into his arms right now, crying and telling him how much she missed him.

No... She couldn't afford to stay here anymore. What if Tristan sees her?
Haven wasn't sure she would be able to control herself if she sees him again. She immediately let go of her new dancing partner and dashed forward.

She wanted to get as far away from Tristan as possible.

===========

Lucious simply hated how all the women that he danced with kept drooling over him. They blushed every now and then, throwing sexy looks and biting their lips. Even the slightest touch from them made him feel sick. After what Natasha had done, his dislike for women increased the more.

Raphael who was standing a few feet from Lucious chuckled whenever he saw Lucious grimaced. He knew Lucious' dislike for women and seeing him stand so close to them and even dancing with them, Raphael couldn't help but burst into laughter.

" You really are enjoying this aren't you?" Lucious' voice suddenly said through mind–link. Raphael looked over Lucious to see him glaring at him. He shrugged his shoulders.

" It's your duty, so just do it and stop whining" He smirked making Lucious even more annoyed than he was.

" This is really disgusting" He heard Lucious say again. " How come you ain't dancing?"

" Her highness' order. She said I should stay away from other women and you know how Alena can be " He laughed lightly.

" This isn't fair"

" Don't worry, when you do find your own mate, you'll understand" Raphael teased him again. He really was enjoying this.

It was time for another exchange, Lucious exchanged partners and was about to say something else to Raphael when he stopped.

Frowning, he turned his head to look at the woman who had made her way to him. His blue eyes locked on the smaller woman before him. She was wearing a silver mask, making it hard for Lucious to recognize her, even with his abilities. The dim lighting in the room didn't help matters.

Lucious could have sworn he felt something when their skin came in contact.

It was spark, a very faint spark but he felt it either way. He found himself staring at the most beautiful blue eyes he had ever seen. For a moment, Lucious felt himself getting lost in those beautiful eyes.