Chapter 40 DANCE (1)

Haven's struggle was of no use as the man was pretty much too strong for her. She glared at the man who was smirking back at her but there was nothing she could do now.

They were already on the dance floor, lights dimmed and out of no where, slow music started playing as the dance officially begun. Haven grimaced as she felt the mans hand snaking around her waist. She felt him hold her tight as he pulled her closer to his body.

Haven had no choice but to stand there and quietly dance. She prayed the dance would be over soon so she could runaway before she ended up being caught.

" I can just imagine the beautiful face under that beautiful mask" She felt his disgusting voice breathed on her bare neck. Seeing Haven not say anything, he continued teasing her.

" I see you've not been marked yet? No mate yet?" He asked looking at her neck. Whenever two fated mates met, the male always left his mark on th female's bare neck. This was to show other males that she had been marked and she was a ' no go area ' for them.

" I assume you've not met your mate then beautiful. You still a virgin?" He blurted out, making Haven's eyes widen with shock.

' What a shameless man! How dare you talk to me like that?!' She raised her legand stomped down on the man's foot with so much force , he gritted his teeth in pain.

" Oh, you're the sassy type? I love it" He smiled a harmless smile. But  Haven knew behind that innocent smile was something vicious. She could feel his hands caressing her wait slowly.

" Let me make you happy beautiful. It'll be so much fun I tell you" He said in his most alluring tone.

Haven literally wanted to throw up. What was wrong with this man? If she wanted to have fun with a man, she could just have gone to that Alpha of a man. At least he was much hotter and sexy than the buffon standing in front of her.

' Wait what?!' Haven froze as her brain registered what she just said.
' Ewww no way!' She grimaced thinking of her and the Alpha. She would rather die than to be with that man. Even the thought of him made her feel sick.

The light caressing on her waist brought her back to the present. " Arghhh" Haven groaned , her attention turning back to the man before her.

' Oh Selene, what do I have to do with this fool of a man?' Haven thought and then, as if the Moon Goddess heard her, the dance took a turn.

Now partners were being exchanged. Before the man knew what was happening, Haven was already taken by the man next to him and another lady was passed to him.

Haven winked at him as she saw the look of shock on the man's face which soon turned into anger.

' Bye bye!' She smirked deviously at him.

========

When it was time for the exchanging of partners, Tristan finally breathed a sigh of relief. He gladly let the man next to him take Mika away from him, ignoring the look of disappointment on the latter's face.

If even standing next to Mika felt as suffocating at this, Tristan wondered how he could even try to spend the rest of his life with her.

' No, i won't be able too, i refuse to!. I really must find Haven' Tristan thought as another chance happened. The music was starting to get faster, so was the exchange of the partners.

Tristan had just switched partner with the man next to him when a lady was quickly passed to him. Tristan didn't even care to look at all the women he had been dancing with , but this time, he didn't even realize when his eyes focused on the woman before him.  Something about her just forced him to look down at her .

Tristan frowned, his eyes squinting to look at the lady he was dancing with. The mask on her face didn't help as he couldn't see her face clearly. All he saw were beautiful blue eyes staring back at him.

Tristan's frown deepened as he found himself getting lost in those almond blue eyes. Deep down, he felt as If he knew her from somewhere even though he only held her for a few seconds.

His mind kept screaming one name over and over again.

Haven.

Tristan's could feel his heart racing. He had barely opened his mouth to say something when another exchange happened. He watched as the lady quickly scurried away from him into the hands of another man. Tristan could have sworn he saw a silver glint on her hair as she scurried aww.

Losing his focus for a while, Tristand didn't even realize his mate had found her way back to him.

Mika disliked the fact that they had to keep changing partners once in a while. If it was up to her, she would dance with Tristan all night. Mika  was a few feet away from him when she saw another gorgeous looking woman in the hands of her mate.

She saw Tristan stare at the woman and didn't know why she felt a pang of jealousy in her heart seeing them dancing together. The next exchange soon happened and Mika felt glad seeing the woman leaving her mate's hands. She quickly let go of the man who was dancing with her and dashed towards her mate, completely ignoring the rules of the dance.

" Tristan? What happened?" Mika called out , looking at the distract man before her. " What is it?" She looked at the direction she saw him looking at, trying to see what had managed to pique her mate's interest.

Tristan didn't pay attention to Mika , his eyes roaming across the dance floor as he tried to spot her. He could feel his heart racing at the mere possibility.

Could it be? Could she really be his Haven?

Tristan could feel his heart thumping wildly in his chest , his eyes searching around for the one person he had been dying to set his eyes on.

" Tristan?! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Mika called out more loudly this time.

" Haven" He breathed out. " She's here."