Chapter 35 ALL SET?

Haven sighed as she stood up to face the 'angry Alena' who had crossed her hands across her chest as she, pretended to be looking at something Haven couldn't really see

' Oh come on Alenaaaa...don't be like this' Haven frowned realizing the words wouldn't come out.

Okay. Haven admitted to herself.  She was totally kidding when she said she was glad she had lost her voice.
That was a big fucking lie!  She totally hated this. Haven hated having to be mute, it's so hard.

" Give me back my voice Selene !! Why did you do this to me?! This isn't fair at all !!" She felt completely wronged as she screamed internally.

' Calm down Haven ' She breathed in and out. This is pretty much useless. If Selene wanted , she could have given Haven back her voice since all this time. Haven shook her head, this is pretty much useless. Her attention went back to the sulking Alena.

She stood up and walked over to grab her note from the bedside table. Haven bent down a little,  briefly writing some words on it. When she was done, she walked over to Alena and put it in her hand.

Alena looked down to see a note, she turned the book , which was upside down and read what Haven had written.

" I'm sorry, I'm just too nervous about going alone to the Moon Ball, it's not that I don't want you to apply some makeup on me. In fact I would love that." Then she drew a smiley face on it.

Alena let out a small smile. This was actually the first time Haven had written so much down for her to read. She barely wrote pass a line or two.

" Come here" She smiled and gently pulled Haven into a hug " It'll be alright, I promise. After today, everything in your life will change, just u wait and see."

Haven frowned. What the hell is she talking about? She had just written that down to try and pacify her. She wasn't really serious – well she kinda was. Only the part of she said she was nervous about going to the Ball alone, for some reason she couldn't understand, Haven had this weird feeling that something will most definitely happen tonight.

Good or bad? She didn't know about that. She crossed her heart as she prayed to the Moon Goddess.

' Oh Selene, please bless me with something good tonight. Don't't make me suffer anymore, I don't know if I can really handle it"

" Okay okay, enough. Hurry and sit down let's get you ready. We don't want to keep him waiting" Alena said with a wink. Haven's face was full of confusion.

' Who's him?' But before she could even think more about it , Alena quickly turned her and forcefully made her sit on the chair.

' What the hell?' Haven glared at her while she rubbed her butt a bit. That really hurt.

" Oops! Sorry Haven " Alena closed her mouth as she laughed. " Sorry no sorry" She said, laughing the more.

" Now enough play, stop acting like a child" She suddenly frowned making Haven stare at her in disbelief.

'How many fucking mood swings does she even get? Oh Selene" Haven face palmed herself in her mind.

Alena walked to stand behind Haven's back " Hey, why did you pack your hair like this?"

" Let me fix that for you" She quickly said as she pulled the neat ponytail Haven had made on her head.

' No, don't!' Haven wanted to say ' Only Mika does my hair' she thought sadly. She could remember how inseparable they were days back. Heck, they had been inseparable all their childhood but all of those had disappeared into thin air just because of the love of a man.

Haven sighed sadly. She really wished Mika had told her about her feelings for Tristan, maybe —  just maybe, all of this would have been avoided.

Would she really have given up Tristan to her best friend? Haven wasn't completely sure about that.

===========

The pack house was officially opened for the night. Different shifters, all dressed in their finest, came in from all directions, all through the pack village as they headed to the pack hall.

The pack hall was the biggest room in the pack house, located in one of the various floors. The entire floor was built into one magnificent hall which was used to hold certain events like this.

The night breeze was cool and the moon shone brightly in the sky. Finally it was the night of the full moon.

Lucious stood alone in his room, dressing up for the special night. As the Supreme Alpha, he had a lot of responsibilities. As usual, Lucious had to be the one that will officially announce the start of the Moon Ball.

Lucious was still buttoning up his shirt when his beta's message came through.

" Good evening Alpha, all set?" Raphael had asked.

" Not yet Raph, I'm still getting ready. Are you done?" Lucious asked.

" Almost Alpha, just give me five minutes to round up, I just need to get finish up here. I'll come up to meet you "
" Okay Raph" Lucious answered as he ended the mind–link.

" We look nice" The voice suddenly said making Lucious to frown.

" What is it again Daryl? " Lucious had completely forgotten and unintentionally raise the mind block, allowing Daryl the opportunity to talk. Lucious wasn't in the mood to listen to anymore of his wolf's ridiculous whinings. Daryl and him hadn't been on very good terms lately.

" A surprise, a surprise. You'll see" Daryl said before suddenly disappearing. Lucious could already picture him smirking as he said that. This only caused Lucious' frown to deepen. The frown quickly morphed

What did Daryl mean by he'll see? Lucious didn't like the fact that his wolf knew or seemed to know something he didn't. He didn't like that fact one bit.

What the heck is Daryl really planning this time?