𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Start from the beginning

Sam walked up to Karina while he was still arguing with her. Dean was standing, taking a view of them. It was painful to watch, the chemistry between them was fading out of existence. He had nothing to do but stand there and watch.

"Exactly. And we had no time and no choice, either."

"Here's the answer for your clarification, she had been keeping you distracted with her lies until the time came sooner!! She told you that she could save me and Dean. Lie! She just happened to know everything about her girlfriend, Lilith. Oh, right...." Karina pretended to think while Sam was staring at Karina's face with a major breakdown. She yelled at Sam, "LILITH OWNS YOUR BROTHER'S SOUL!!"

"Okay, fine, she's a liar. She's still got that knife."

Dean spoke to them, calmed them down, "Guys..."

"Ruby is obviously in the game with Lilith!!"

Bobby called out, "Karina..."

"Then give me another option, Karina. I mean, tell me what else."

Karina shook her head, scoffing. Her eyes were getting emotional with anger. Dean saw her eyes and slowly walked up to her. Bobby spoke to Karina to calm her down, "Sam's right."

"EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!" Karina looked at Bobby and Dean who were surprised by her outburst. Her breathing was shaking and her eyes were emotional. She cried shakily while her eyes were filled with tears. Her eyes shifted toward Sam's eyes, "Please... no."

Sam's expression was hurt to see the broken Karina in front of him, but he was still in his voice of reason. Karina backed away, looking at everyone's faces in the room. "I need fresh air." She turned away, walking out of the cabin. The faces followed Karina's steps out of the cabin.

Sam looked after her while Dean talked to Sam by his side, "She's right, Sammy... We are not gonna make the same mistakes all over again. You guys want to save me, find something else."

Sam looked after Dean who walked into the room and sat down at the table. Reading through the books. Sam heard Bobby who was ready to leave, he asked him from behind, "Where you going, Bobby?"

"I guess to..." He put his vest on, then raised his arms. "... find something else."

Karina Leone was walking on the path near the river. Crying, wiping her tears. She took deep breaths, in and out. She stopped, taking in the sight of the river in front of her. She put her hands on her hips, watching the view. She pressed her lips together, then she looked up at the sky.

She begged for Kyle Brian, "Father... please... tell me what to do... Please..."

Karina sighed deeply, taking all the emotions in. She looked at her reflection in the river. Seeing a familiar young woman, dressed in a black leather jacket, black pants, and a messy wavy ponytail.

The last time she saw her reflection she was going to kill herself to solve the problems, but Sam Winchester brought her back. She was willing to do anything for him. To protect him from anything. Anything at all. Including Dean Winchester. Already knowing what comes to mind.

"I made my choice, Karina Leone... I'm staying."

Karina departed slowly back to the path, walking down to the last moments with Dean.

***

In the basement, Sam set up the ritual for summoning. He ignored Karina, again. He drew a triangle with symbols at every point and set candles outside every point. The middle featured a bowl of light green substance in it. He recited the ritual in Latin, summoning Ruby.