𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

When Dean and Karina found Sam laying on the ground, he woke up with a stunning facial expression like he saw something unimaginable. Like an angel... They both guided him upstairs to the sanctuary, Dean closed the door behind him as Karina checked on Sam.

Sam still had the same shocked smile as Karina looked up at him. "You saw it, didn't you?"

"Yeah... Yeah..." He looked down at her with bright, hazel eyes. "Karina, I saw an angel."

Sam shook his head, stunned as he sat down on the pew. Karina's face was in confusion and shock when a flask was offered in front of her. Dean was behind her, raising his arm out, holding his flask to Sam. "All right, here."

Sam looked at the flask and shook his head. Softly he replied, "I don't want a drink."

Karina's eyebrows raised, seeing how Sam was acting. Dean shrugged as he took a swing of his drink. He offered Karina, she walked past the drink and sat next to Sam, looking at him in concern. Dean looked at Sam, "So... what makes you think you saw a... angel?"

Sam looked down still smiling, shaking his head. "It just... it appeared before me and I just--" He looked at them, "This feeling washed over me, you know? Like--like peace, like grace."

"Okay, Ecstasy Boy, maybe we'll get you some glow sticks and a nice Dr. Seuss hat, huh?"

"Dean, I'm serious. It spoke to me, it knew who I was."

"It's just a spirit, Sam." Dean walked over to the different pew and sat on it, "Okay? And it's not the first one to be able to read people's minds.'

Karina was silent the whole time, thinking rationally about this topic. Is it a spirit or a ghost?

"Okay, let me guess. You were personally chosen to smite some sinner, you've just got to wait for some divine bat signal, is that it?"

Sam nodded, "Yeah, actually."

"Great. I don't suppose you asked what this alleged bad guy did."

"Actually I did, Dean. and the angel told me. He hasn't done anything... yet. But he will."

Dean grinned in disbelief as he stood up from the pew, shaking his head. "Oh, this is-this is... I don't believe this."

"Dean, the angel hasn't been wrong yet! Someone's going to do something awful, and I can stop it!"

Karina whispered, "Sam..."

"You know, you're supposed to be bad, too, Sam. Maybe, maybe I should just order the Huntress to stop you right now." Karina looked at him when he shouted at his brother, tilting her head. Already knowing he wasn't serious, he was just in disbelief filled with anger.

Sam ignored him, "You know what, Dean? I don't understand! Why can't you even consider the possibility?"

"What, that this is an angel?"

"Yes. Maybe we're hunting an angel here, and we should stop. Maybe this is God's will..."

Dean looked at Sam, nodding slightly. He returned back to his seat as he continued speaking.

"Okay, all right. You know what? I get it. You've got faith. That's-hey good for you. I'm sure it makes things easier. I'll tell you who else had faith like that--Mom." Sam looked at Dean, shocked as Karina looked at Dean with curiosity. "She used to tell me when she tucked me in that angels were watching over us. In fact, that was the last thing she ever said to me."

Karina looked down, quiet and faded. She really doesn't want to remember the last time her father spoke to her before he was burned alive. It'll consume her, she played with her fingers.