𝐗𝐕

After the trio collected some human skulls, they all decided to go to the nearest university to find any connections or some legends according to the happenings. Sam pulled up outside of the university, and they all got out of the car. Sam walked toward the backseat, taking off his jacket to cover the bones in the box.

As Sam got out of the car, lifting the box. Karina closed the door for him. They all continued walking to the university. Sam began to speak up from his mind, "So, a bunch of skeletons in an unmarked grave."

Dean made a list, "Yeah. Maybe this is haunting. Pissed off spirits? Some unfinished business?"

Karina nodded, "Maybe, but the only question is why bugs? After all this time, why now?"

Dean pointed Karina out, "That's two questions."

Karina mockingly imitated him, and she rolled her eyes. Dean continued on, looking at Sam, "Yeah, so with back there... why'd you tell him to just ditch his family like that?"

"Just... I know what the kid's going through."

"How about telling him to respect his old man? How's that for advice?"

"Boys..."

Sam chuckled and ignored Karina's warning. He looked at Dean and stopped him. "Dean, come on. This isn't about his old man. You think I didn't respect Dad. That's what this is about."

Dean looked at Sam for a moment. He moved aside, walking near Karina. "Just forget it, alright? Sorry I brought it up."

Sam stopped him, "I respected him. But no matter what I did, it was never good enough."

"So what are you saying, that Dad was disappointed in you?"

"Was?" Sam scoffed, and looked at Dean, "Is. Always has been."

Karina tilted her head and asked softly to Sam. "Why do you think that?"

He looked at Karina, and then at Dean. Confessions of his thoughts. "Because I didn't wanna bow hunt or hustle pool because I wanted to go to school and live my life, which, to our whacked-out family, made me the freak."

Karina eyed him down, thinking of pity for him. She never knew he was a freak even though he thinks of one. Dean grinned with a comment in his head. He looked at Sam, "Yeah, you were kind of like the blond chick in The Munsters."

Karina looked at Dean, and she slapped him on the back of the head. Dean looked at Karina, not giving back. Sam didn't see what Karina did as he looked away for a moment. Looking back at their green, and brown eyes together at him.

"Dean, you know what most dads are when their kids score a full ride? Proud... Most dads don't toss their kids out of the house."

Dean nodded with understanding. Remembering a memory. "I remember that fight. In fact, I seem to recall a few choice phrases coming out of your mouth."

Sam looked away for a moment and hesitated. Sam scoffed as he looked at the two people in front of him. "You know, truth is when we finally do find Dad... I don't know if he's even gonna wanna see me."

"Sam, Dad was never disappointed in you. Never. He was scared."

"What are you talking about?"

"He was afraid of what could've happened to you if he wasn't around. But even when you two weren't talking... he used to swing by Stanford whenever he could. Keep an eye on you. Make sure you were safe."

Sam looked at Dean, shocked, "What?"

"Yeah."

"Why didn't you tell me any of that?"