"No." Dean raised his eyeshadows to check on her. She looked at him, shaking her head, "No."

"Mrs. Waters, withholding information from the police is a capital offense." Sam cleared his throat, giving Dean a look. Karina's eyes were slightly widened at Dean. He rolled his eyes before he mumbled. "In some parts of the world, I'm sure."

Mrs. Waters sighed, "A couple of weeks ago... there was this..."

"This what?"

"I woke up one morning, I heard Ben in his study. I thought he was talking to a woman."

Karina asked, "What made you think that?"

"Because he kept calling her Linda. The thing is, I picked up the other line, and... nobody was there. Ben was talking to nobody."

Sam asked, walking up to Karina. "There was nothing?"

"Just static."

Sam looked at Dean and Karina together and asked, "Did you speak to Ben about this phone call?"

Mrs. Water's eyes were tearing up, "No. I should have but, no."

"Did he ever say who Linda was?"

Mrs. Water upset shouted, "What difference does it make? There was no one on the other end!!"

Back in the motel room, Dean was doing research on Sam's laptop. He was looking at the screen, clicking his way through the research. Karina was twirling her knives in her hands to think about the case. Sam was on the bed while Karina was sitting on the chair beside the pillar wall.

"Linda's a babe... or was."

Sam rose up from the bed, "Did you find her?"

"Yeah, Linda Bateman. She and Ben Waters were high school sweethearts."

"So, what happened?"

"Drunk driver hit them head-on. Ben walked away."

Karina interred, "Sounded like a ghost going after revenge on me, but it got too complicated."

"So, what then? Dead flame calls to chat?" asked Sam.

"You would think, but Linda was cremated." Dean walked up to them, "So why's she still floating around?"

"You got me."

"Ditto."

Dean asked them, "What about that, caller I.D.?"

Sam shared a glance with Karina before answering. "It turns out it's a phone number."

"No phone number I've ever seen."

Karina scoffed, "Obviously, you know why? It's a century-old number."

"So why use that number to reach out and touch someone?"

"Got us too, Dean... we're thinking that we can put a trace on it."

Dean asked a longing question, "Well, how the hell are we going to put a trace on something that's over 100 years old?"

***

Sam and Dean returned to their suits while Karina had her hair down and a gray long-sleeve dress that fitted her whole body, walking with nude high heels. They were portrayed as headquarters while the man was guiding them downstairs in the basement office.

"We don't get many folks from HQ down here."

"Yes, well, the main office mentioned that there would be lunch."