𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Começar do início

"Alex, it's beautiful..."

"Really?"

She faced Alex who was nervous, leaning against the doorframe. "Really, I mean... I don't know what to say. Other than that, I have no words. You're insanely talented."

Alex smiled softly as he walked inside, hands in his pockets. "They're just inspiration, you know? Came from the dream or nightmares. Each thing is the one I thought about a lot more than I got off my mind."

"Aspirin can be helpful though." They both laughed together. Karina continued to walk around the studio. A portrait of a beautiful woman that was in light colors and visual aspects. "That's my former professor. She's married with kids, she was my mentor, Mrs. White."

"Mrs. White... Are you sure that she wasn't just for your pleasure?"

Alex shook his head and laughed. "No, no, no. I had known her for years. She kinda introduced me to the art of painting. My parents, you know, they're the CEO of environmental businesses. They just didn't expect me to be a painter. Middle child always found a way to be outcast sometimes."

"Sometimes it's good to follow your heart for extraordinary things by owning your spotlight."

Alex gave a soft smile to Karina, she was an inspiration to him. He didn't show his paintings to anyone except Mrs. White but her. Not even his ex. She walked toward the unfinished canvas on the easel. It was near the landscape of the woods with the flowing river across.

Alex was looking at the wall, not noticing Karina was looking at his portfolio. She opened the portfolio, seeing the sketches of the portrait of herself. She held the papers in her hands and gasped lightly at them. She scrolled through with them until Alex caught her with them.

Alex ran to her in embarrassment. He exclaimed as he reached his hands to them, "Oh god, no!"

Karina kept them close to her chest. She looked at him, smiling widely. "What?"

"Please, don't... don't. It's really embarrassing."

"No!! I like them!" She looked at one of the sketches when she was smiling. She noticed that it was the last night when she looked at him.  She passed another one when she was facing a close-up. She laughed in amazement at it, she showed it to him. "Am I that brooding?"

"You're not, no. You're not... You were just mysterious, you know?"

"I like it."

"I was worried that you would find it creepy."

"No! It's so cool. I like them... What are you going to call it, Mysterious Undercover Afar?"

"I was just thinking just Karina. In that sketch, there are stories about her that you will never know about either her past or her future. She's beautiful, experienced, mysterious, passionate, and benevolent. Mostly she's a human that is living in the moment to where she is."

Karina's eyes were completely drawn to Alex, hearing his descriptions of her. She smiled softly at him. She put down the sketches on the table, staring into his eyes. Alex softens his face, walking slowly to her. Looking down at her lips, then she looked down at his lips.

She took a step closer to him. He took a step closer to her. Their breathing was close to each other. Their noses brushed against each other as their lips were close to touching...

A cell phone was ringing.

Alex and Karina stopped while the ringing interrupted the moment. Karina shut her eyes in annoyance groaning slightly. She looked down in embarrassment as she reached her hand into her back pocket. Alex was smiling slightly in amusement as Karina looked at Alex, cringing. "I'm sorry..."