"They stash them underground somewhere. I don't know why, but if it's true, the real kids might be out there."

Dean walked toward Sam and Karina, holding onto the bag filled with torches. He looked at Sam and Karina, "We better start looking. So, any kid in the neighborhood is vulnerable?"

"Yep."

Dean quickly grabbed his jacket and the bag in his hands, "We gotta make a stop. I want to check on someone."

"If the real kids are still alive, we don't have time."

"We have to."

***

After Dean visited his "friend", Lisa's house, he clearly saw that her son, Ben, had become a Changeling. He had an idea where the children might be. He pulled up at a house that was under construction. They all get out with the weapons in their hands, and they notice a large mound of dirt in front of the car.

Dean inspected it in his hand, seeing a familiar substance. Sam called out, "Red dirt."

Karina inferred, "That's what was on the window."

Dean ordered, "Sam and Karina, take the front. I'll go around."

They all proceed with the plan. Sam went upstairs while Karina was on the lower level of the house. They held the flashlights and the torches in their hands. They continued walking in separate ways when the distant noise echoed in the house.

Dean and Karina met as they took the steps toward the basement. They both saw the cages featuring the children who were gray with hunger and tiredness. The children's eyes were filled with unknown holding on their eyes when they realized they were saving them.

Karina began to search for an option to break the chains. She found the pipe that was strong enough to open. She opened the chains on each cage door on her side of the room, letting children quietly exit the cage. She threw the pipe to Dean, letting him open more cages on his side of the room, including his friend, Ben.

They both guided the children toward the back window as the moonlight shines through. Dean warned the children to cover their eyes so he could break the glass. He shattered more glass. As soon he was brushing the glass off the sill, Ben offered his jacket to block them.

Dean began lifting the children up toward the window in order to escape. Sam suddenly ran in announcing, "Hey, guys!! There's a mother."

"A mother Changeling?"

Karina lifted another kid with her arms, "We need to get them out of here. Faster."

Dean pointed out to Sam, "Right there. There's one more. You got to break the lock!" Sam proceeded to rescue the woman from the house. "I guess that's why the Changelings are keeping the kids alive--so the mom can snack on them."

"Less talk, more rescuing, Dean."

That stopped until one of the girls screamed in terror, the mother was standing in front of the girl. Staring at her in hunger. Karina moved the children out of the way, including the girl for safety.

She threw a knife from her wrist holster at the mother, she blocked it away. She ran toward her, twirling her right foot across its face. It stumbled back and threw a punch across her jaw. She backed away, grabbing Karina's arm. Pushed her from the chest, and sent her flying across the construction wall.

Rolling her body over. 

The mother looked over at Karina, then turned her back. Seeing Sam with a torch and the lighter. It kicked the lighter out of Sam's hand, flying it to nowhere. It punched Sam in the face, then kneed him in the guts. Dropping the torch on the floor, Karina eyed it. It threw Sam across the wall, collapsing his body on the floor. 

Dean walked over to the mother, she swung at him. Back-handed with a fist doubled. She punched him in the guts, then punched down his face. He yelled for Ben to rescue the children as he took a block of brick in front of him. Attacked back on the side of the face with it. He grabbed it and threw it across the wall.

Karina ran toward the torch as Sam ran toward her in the middle with the lighter in his hand.

Dean was still fighting the mother as soon he kicked across the wall. It got itself back up seeing Karina standing in front of Sam and Dean with a torch and a lighter. She lit the match and on with kerosene. Flame shot across toward it, burning it down to a crisp as well as other Changelings.

The mission is accomplished.

***

After a thrilling night, Sam returned back to the motel, to do some research. Research on his own, actually. He had been calling every person who had been in Mary Winchester's life, the results were unimaginable as he explained to the person that he called on.

"They're dead... all of them. All of my mom's friends. Her doctor, her uncle--everyone who ever knew her, systematically wiped off the map one at a time. Someone went through a hell of a lot of trouble trying to cover their tracks."

That person was no other than Ruby, "Yep. The Yellow-Eyed Demon."

"So, what's your deal? You show up wherever I am. You know all about me. You know all about my mom."

"I already told you. I'm-"

"Oh, right, right, Yeah, yeah. Just a hunter. Just some hunter who happens to know more about my own family than I do." Sam was in disbelief at the mysterious, blonde woman in front of him. Karina didn't know a thing about him including a big secret from her and Dean. He started to slowly walk up to her, "Just tell me who you are."

"Sam, it--"

"Just... tell me who you are."

"It doesn't matter."

"Just tell me who you are!!!"

They were staring into each other's eyes, intensifying. Ruby blankly stare with a smirk, then she gave up. "Fine." She blinked and her blue eyes turned to black. She's a demon.

Sam backed away abruptly, hands targeting a flask with holy water in his bag. She returned back to her blue eyes, "Think twice before going for that holy water."

"Give me one reason I should."

"Is this some kind of joke?"

She raised her right hand, "God's honest truth... or whatever."

"You're a demon."

"Don't be such a racist. I'm here because I want to help you." She stood up, walking toward him. Sam gave a disbelieving look, she continued, "And I can if you trust me."

He held up the flask toward her, "Trust you?"

"Sam, calm down."

"Start talking. All those murders... What was the Demon trying to cover up?"

"I don't know."

"What happened to my mother?"

"I honestly don't know. That's what I'm trying to find out. All I know is that it's about you."

"What?"

She softly laughed, "Don't you get it, Sam? It's all about you. What happened to your mom, what happened to her friends-- they're trying to cover up what he did to you and I want to help you figure it out."

"Why would you want to help me?"

"I have my reasons. Not all demons are the same, Sam. Not all of us want the same thing. Me? I want to help you from time to time. That's all." Sam slowly nodded his head, not believing her. She walked up to him, "And if you let me, there's something in it for you."

"What could you possibly-"

"I could help you save your brother and the Huntress."

Sam Winchester's face softened with the line that shook him to the bones.