| 9 | Romeo

After our first tutoring class, I don't know what happened but now I find her, beautiful but I can't do that. I can't like her. I saw her walking with a guy, the new kid. Smiling and laughing at his jokes or whatever he said. Somehow every time I saw her, I saw him too and I don't like that. In class, I kept looking at her ignoring whatever the fuck the teacher was talking about. Sometimes, she would look back at me and catch me but I didn't care. I just didn't like the idea of her with another guy. We are not even together or anything but I didn't like it.

The lunch bell rang, and Carlos, Nathan, and I went and got our lunch and sat with the others. The football team's table. No one dares to seat there or they won't be in school the next day or sometimes forever. We don't talk about that. They know what would happen. The boys and I were talking as I saw him again with her. They were looking for somewhere to sit. They both headed in our direction and sat at the table beside us. I listened in to their conversation. Fuck eavesdropping and then he said something I wouldn't let happen.

"I think you are beautiful and umm, can we hang out after school?" the new kid said. Thinking she was going to say no, I thought wrong, she did the complete opposite. "Yeah, sure". I could only agree on something with him, that she was beautiful but I had to think of something to stop whatever was going on. I didn't care if we weren't dating.

The last bell rang as I left and got my stuff, then headed to my car and waited, my hands in my pockets as I leaned against my car. "Sephora" she turned her head in my direction and walked over with him...again.

"You're tutoring me today" Lies.

"What? No, I thought it was tomorrow" "Nope, today" She looked back and forth between both of us debating what to do. Luckily, it worked out as he had canceled it but she tried to say no. Which I didn't like.

"It's ok, we can hang out tomorrow" then he hugged her and she hugged him back. I want a hug. The fuck am I saying? I shake my head to get rid of the thought. She turned back to me as I opened the door for her and drove to my house. Alessandro wasn't home, so it was just the two of us. We headed to my room, and after getting settled down, she started tutoring me. I got distracted, I just looked at her, her lips moving as she was talking. Oh, I wish I could kiss them. Her brown eyes glowed as the ray of the sun from the window was reflecting on her. Like an angel.

After some hours, it was time for her to go home. I drove her back home after some back-and-forth argument. When we got there, someone that was in his 60s opened the door which I later found out was her Grandpa, her Pops as she calls him. Max came running from inside the house and hugged him. Her Grandpa offered to meet again. I was so glad.

I went back home and went to my room, I heard the house door open which meant Alessandro was back home as only he and I knew the code to the house. I lay on my bed with my phone as I scrolled through her Instagram page which had few pictures on it. Just a picture of Max and her. The sunset. A Spotify song code and A picture of her with glasses on, her hair in a messy bun, and she was wearing an oversized hoodie. She looked so beautiful. I decided to text her that I would pick her up the next morning for school which surprisingly she agreed to. Which made me very happy.

I went to bed, my thought clouded with her as I tried to sleep which never worked. The memory hunts every night making it hard for me to sleep. I was diagnosed with insomnia when I was eight. That happens when the only person you loved and loved back got killed right in front of you as a kid.

My alarm woke me up, I stood up and turned it off. I looked in the mirror, my eyes showing clearly I didn't sleep with eye bags. Took a shower and wore a sport black jacket with a grey hoodie with light grey sweatpants and my brown Air Jordans. I got my car keys and drove to her house. I looked at the time to see it was 7:40, I texted her to inform her I was already there. She came out, fixing her glasses, her hair flowing down, and she wore a Los Angeles sweater and black sweatpants.

She entered the car, her smile making me smile back

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

She entered the car, her smile making me smile back. I started driving while she looked out the window. "What's your favorite color?" she turns around and faces me. "Black or Orange"

"You?"

"Black or Grey" then silence again. "Favourite thing to do and favorite season?" I ask the to remove the silence.

"Read or listen to music. Summer or Spring, cause I like it sunny but I love when it rains", she smiles. "What about you?"

"Video Games, Football or Hangout. Summer, cause school is over"

After some minutes, we got to school, I went over and opened the door for her with her saying 'thank you', and everyone looked at us as she gets out. She goes to the new kid, who was already waiting for her. I walked up to her, and put my hands around her shoulder. "Who's this" She freezes under my touch which I clearly noticed. "Oh, I-I-Ian meet Romeo, and Romeo meet umm, Ian" I shake his hand, tightly holding it as I look him in the eyes with a death stare that she didn't see.

"Nice to meet you, Romeo"

"Can't say the same, though"

I walk into school, and they follow behind me. Everyone mutters and whispers. I walked to her locker and found that Ian was beside her. She and Ian walked to their class, she turned around and waved bye while I did a little wave and went back to class. Clouding my mind again with her.

What the fuck is happening to me?

My Own Enemy|✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें