| 3 | Sephora

Everyone laughs at me again, as I run out of school. I don't know what I did to Romeo but ever since the third grade, he made my life a living hell. To find out, he would be going to the same high school as me didn't make things better.

I get it, I never had any friends but I was ok with it. I use my hands to wipe off the tears, as I get on the bus to work. The Diner.

I have always worked after school, to help my grandpa and my little brother ever since our parents dropped us off at Pop's place and just left their thirteen years old daughter and their 6 months old son.

Grandma died two years ago, which was sad for everyone but mostly Pops. I entered the Diner as I saw Mr. Ronald. "Hey, Sephora. How was school?"

"It was good" I lied.

"Good to hear, your shift start in five minutes so you can go get ready"

"K, thanks" "No problem"

Mr. Ronald was a friends of Pops, has he knew our situation. He would come over to just take care of us, if Pops wasn't around.

I quickly got dressed, tyed my hair into a messy bun as I adjusted my glasses on my face. I have contacts but they are too much work to put on and remove but I like my glasses better so I had no ptoblem wearing them everyday. I get out the back as I noticed a group coming in the Diner.

It was Romeo, Nathan and Carlos. The 'jocks' of Stormbrook. The door bell rings as they enter. I put my head down to avoid eye contact with any of them. I raise my head for a quick glace to see Romeo looking at md already. He smirked then went to seat with the others.

I got my notepad, getting nervous to go to their direction but I had to anyway since Shirley wasn't here yet.

"Hi, Welcome to Delight Diner. What would you like today?" I say as avoid eye contact with Romeo facing the twins.

"Umm... Ummm..."

"Can you just answer Carlos, don't keep her waiting" " Hold on"

"Don't mind him, I would love to have a chesseburger with medium fries and a chocolate milkshake", I smile. "No problem"

"I think you missed me" the voice spoke out. I turned slowly to see him smirking. "Sorry"

"I will have a pancake with strawberry and chocolate milkshake"

"Wait, me too. I would like a pancake with whipped cream on top and strawberry milkshake. Yeah, I think that is it. Thank you"

"No problem, I will be back with your order"

I speedily walk out of there, as I feel someone watching me. I went to the back and give their order to the cook. After some minutes of waiting, I was called back to get the food. I took the food and headed to their table as I noticed two other girls with them. One was Lauren, the brat of the school, she was all over Romeo which was more understandable.

"Aww, Four eyes is here. Still lost your way with glasses, how funny", she said laughing.

"Lauren, leave her alone" said the other one I didn't know. "I wasn't talking to you, Ashley"

"Yeah, but you can talk to my fist if you don't shut the fuck up". For the first time, I had seen Lauren shut up.

"Sorry, here is your foods" I dropped the tray with their food on it. "Thank you" both the twins said.

I smiled. I looked up to see Romeo looking at me with smirk.

Why does he smirk so much?

"Excuse me, can I have a chesseburger with fries and strawberry milkshake. Thank you"

"Yeah, sure" Lauren was all over Romeo, Romeo gives half his attention to her as he kept looking at me. Shyily, I walk away from them. Hours had passed, their laughs, giggles filled the diner as no one was around much. I had only five minutes left as my shift was ending. I went to the change room and changed back to cloth. I got my bag and headed out as I saw Shirley enter.

Her shift ended just like a minute ago, why is she here?

She was chewing a gum as always and it had just popped in my face. Excuse me.

I left the diner and headed to the bus station to go home.