Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

The doctor sighed as she checked (y/n)'s vitals, "Strong heartbeat, her breathing is fine," She mumbled to herself before looking at me, "Just like Ahsoka, she's perfectly healthy," She turned her attention to my Padawan and pressed her fingers on her cheek before tilting her head to the side, "And they also have the same neck wound." She said low and knitted her brows as she inspected it.

"Yeah I noticed," I stood on the side of (y/n) that held her wound and I gently ran my gloved fingertips on the dry blood, testing to see if she'd wince awake or not. But she didn't. She remained unconscious and unmoving. Which alone was enough to stress me out seeing as she's a restless sleeper, "Do you know what it is?" I asked, looking away to meet the doctor's gaze.

She shook her head, "No, but I took an x-ray and there's something there, something that's not supposed to be." She pointed up to the wall where I saw the exact x-ray she was speaking of. I knitted my brows in confusion when I saw the thing she was referring to. It's hard to tell what it was based off of this since it only showed up as a black shadow, but it kind of resembled the shape of a slug.

The director grabbed my attention when rolled her chair to Ahsoka's side and picked something up from a tray that looked like... pliers? "What are you gonna do with those-'' My face twisted into a grimace as I watched her dig the pliers into Ahsoka's neck, causing her to lightly whimper, but she still never woke up.

"I'm so sorry sweetie," The doctor whispered to her in a soft and kind tone, "It'll be over in a minute, I promise I'm only trying to help you." She soothed her and it was almost like Ahsoka heard, because her tensed up body started to relax.

Aayla who was previously seated on the other side of the room—keeping a protective watch—came to my side and watched with me as the doctor went in a little deeper, "Is what you're doing safe?" I asked, worried this would harm Ahsoka in any way.

She nodded, "I'm being careful with her," She twisted the thin pliers to the side and froze for a few seconds, "And now I think I have it," She said as she began to pull the pliers out.

I took a step back and eyed what I was looking at with both confusion and surprise, "What the hell is that?"

What came out of Ahsoka was not something I have ever seen before. It wasn't a slug like I described, but instead it looked like flesh and it screeched like an insect when it was removed. The doctor got startled and dropped it on the floor as she stood up and backed away, causing the thing to change shapes. It was once in the shape of a slug like I mentioned before, but now it was round, like an actual blob of flesh.

Then, it started to move.

It slowly slid across the floor, heading for the exit. I reacted on instinct and stepped forward as I pulled out my lightsaber and sliced it in half. It screeched once more before the room fell silent, all of us starting at it in bewilderment.

I bent down on one knee, and with my gloved hand, I picked up one half, only for it fall through my fingers like slimy, "Ew, what the f-," I shook the excess off before wiping my hand against the floor to get the red residue it left off.

"She's waking up," The doctor announced, catching my attention and Aaylas. I stood up and went to Ahsoka's side, hoping she was going to be fine with nothing seriously wrong with her — because if she turns out okay, then I know (y/n) will be okay too.

That damn Padawan, I hate how stressed she makes me. This is exactly why I didn't want one, having another life in your hands is not an easy burden. But I also wouldn't give her back either, she'll just be in the care of another Master, one who can't be trusted to watch over this clumsy and injury-prone laser brain.

"Ru-" Ahsoka tilted her head to the side as she squinted her closed eyes.

"Ahsoka can you hear me?" Aayla said as we stood over the young padawan, "Ahsoka, we need to know what happened to you, can you talk?" She gently shook her shoulder and inside-eyes her and prepared to tell her to give the poor girl a minute to adjust, but what happened next took my attention away from the impatient Master.

Ahsoka's eyes shot open as she gasped loud for air like she was never breathing, "Run, we have to run," She kept repeating as she sat up in the bed quickly with panic filling her eyes. In her manic episode, she ripped out her IV and tried getting off the bed, but I held her down, and she tried to fighp me, "Let me go! I have to leave, I have to to find her!" She screamed and it took me by complete surprise. I don't know her very well, but I know enough to say that she is usually calm and level-headed, and right now, she was acting the complete opposite.

"Hate to break it to you snips," I said in a struggling voice as I fought her efforts to leave and kept her pinned to the bed, "But there is no leaving, the Temple is in a lockdown procedure, no one in and no one out. But I'm here now and nothings gonna happen to you okay? Just breathe," When I felt her tense body slowly relax, I began to let go, but I stayed close with my arms ready to wrap around her if she tried running again.

Tears poured down her cheeks as her blue eyes locked with mine and she laid down with her head resting on the pillow, "Is (y/n) dead? Is she dead? I saw her die. She wasn't breathing, I tried everything but she wasn't breathing," She whimpered, speaking fast and incoherently. But I was able to piece together enough to know what she was saying.

I shook my head, "No, she's alive, she's right here," I moved to the side and I saw her eyes flicker behind me.

She sighed with relief, but the worry and fear in her gaze remained, "Wake her up, you have to wake her up. You don't know what she's seeing." She cried again.

"Ahsoka I'm going to need you to calm down and explain what you're trying to say." I sighed, I know she's scared and that's understandable, but I need to know what is going on so I can help, "And please tell me if you know what did this to you two."

She nodded slowly and took a deep breath with her eyes closed, before opening them, "I don't know what it was, I've never seen anything like it before and it was only for a second. Then it was like I was in a dream—no not a dream," She swallowed, "A nightmare; I saw my worst fears, every single one of them. That's why you have to wake her up, she's in hell right now."

I nodded to show I understood her worries, "Okay don't worry we're going wake her, I don't want her to suffer anymore than you do," I placed my hand in hers and squeezed it for comfort, it felt odd but Obi-Wan wasn't here and she looked like she needed that small bit of comfort.

She glanced at our hands and looked backed up, "She wasn't wrong when she said you're not as much of a jerk as you try to come off as."

I breathed a single chuckle, "Yeah and she's-"

"Um Skywalker," Aayla interrupted me in a worried tone and I turned my head to meet her gaze, "We have a problem."

I knitted my brows, "What?"

"Your padawan is gone."

I dropped my gaze down to the bed where (y/n) once was, only to see wrinkled sheets in her place.

Sorry for the cliffhanger, I didn't intend for one this time but the next two or so chapters are going to conclude this little mini plot  and what I have planned for next doesn't fit in this one much(: