Recovery & Love

Chapter 8

~Recovery & Love~

Pauls P.O.V.

I feel so bad for danny. Hes been sitting here for 3 hours on his phone, probably on twitter trying to cheer up. My phone buzzed in my pocket:

@epdannyedge: at the hospitallll :(

I retweeted it and put my phone away. I could see tears brimming in the corners of his eyes. I could only imagine what he was feeling. I remember the first time danny told me he liked her.

~Flashback~

"Hey paul I gotta talk to you about something."

"Yeah sure what is it?" I had smiled and we sat on my couch.

"Umm well I couldnt really help it but um I think I umm" he scratched the back of his neck "I think I uh like um ali." He shook his head and looked down.

"Why are you looking so glum? Thats awesome!"

"No it isnt! I cant go out with one of my best friends! It would mess up our friendship. What if she actually said yes and we had to break up for some reason? I wouldnt know how to handle it!"

He had been right. He would probably break down and cry for months.

"Danny youll figure it out im sure" I smiled, trying to reasure him.

~Flashback over~

I even remember when he told me he had forgotten about her then one time I found him crying in his bedroom. My heart split in two that day for him. Now look at him! I knew he had never forgotten about her. I just think that out of all people on this earth he diserves someone like her. He diserves HER. He still hasnt told me about the day he went and found her at the park. I hope shes okay though. They havent told us anything since we got here. We have no clue whats happening with her. I looked to my left to see bailey clasping my right hand tightly, she was sleeping. She was also probably having bad dreams. I pulled her into my lap and she groaned but didnt wake up. She must have been a little bit awake because she rested her head in the crook of my neck, her hands found my waist. I wrapped mine around her waist, gripping her waist makeing sure she didnt fall. I rested my head on hers, breathing in her sweet scent. I would never get used to it. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~

Dannys P.O.V.

I groaned, stretching my arms out. My neck and back hurt like crap from sleeping in the hospital chairs. This pain was nothing to compared to how I was feeling right now. I look over to see paul still asleep. He had bailey in his lap, their arms securly held eachother as their heads were resting together. I frowned wishing that was me and ali. Now because of me I might never be able to. Why was I so stupid? I heard a groan next to me and I turned to see paul and bailey waking up. She was still in his lap but with her back on his chest. I dont why he told me he "didnt know" if he liked her, he clearly did.

"Danny we're going to get some food. Wanna come?"

"Nah."

"Do you want us to get you something?"

"Uh a donut would be fine."

"Ok be back later." He smiled taking baileys hand and slowly walking away. I sighed. Today is going to be a long day.

Baileys P.O.V.

We were walking hand in hand. I took it as a friendly gesture considering the situation and he pobably did it for comfort.

"Hey you just want to go to mcdonalds? Hospital food sucks."

"Defiantly." I smiled. I gripped his hand and we left the hospital.

~*~*~*~

"Yes I would like 3 number 4's."

I smiled.

"Would that be all?" The guy at the counter winked.

"Uh yea."

"For here or to go?"

"To go."

"That would be $24.50."

He winked again. I really wanted to punch him. I reached into my purse but a hand stopped me.

"Let me pay for it."

Paul smiled and I realized how beautiful he looked today. His hair all messy but it looked good. His northface jacket and jeans looked amazing. I was practically drooling. Not to mention his green orbs were staring into mine.

"Paul... No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please. You dont need to pay for it. It was my idea. Bailey please."

"I hate when you do this."

"And I love doing it." He smiled again and I almost died. He walked up to the counter and paid and the guy behind the counter winked at me again before walking away. Paul walked back to me and

I took his hand in mine. We were just looking at eachother until he broke the silence.

"I feel bad for danny."

"Yea me too. I can see the hurt in his eyes. It breaks my heart."

"You know im always here for you right?" He wrapped me in a hug. "I know your haveing a hard time right now and I dont want you pretending like your okay." He said into my neck.

"I know paul. I cant thank you enough. Ill talk to you about it once we get home I promise." I smiled and turned and kissed his cheek. He blushed and I giggled.

"Number 213." The guy called.

I walked up with paul, our hands had found eachother again.

"Is he your boyfriend?" He looked sad.

"No." I answered.

He looked through his apron pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

"Here. Call me sometime." He winked and disapeared into the back.

What the heck was that?

Dannys P.O.V.

I was woken up again by someone shaking my arm. I opened my eyes to see a man in scrubs.

"Mr. Edge we thought you would like to know that Mrs. David is okay. She got her stomach pumped last night. Your lucky you found her when you did and called us right away, if not she might not be here." I gasped. She was okay. She. Was. Okay.

"Can I see her?"

"Right now shes sleeping but we will let you know when she wakes up."

I smiled, thhe first time in 2 days.

"Thank you."

Thank you if you read this. I hoped you liked it :). Sorry if theres any mistakes. Please vote! :D