Let Me Help You

Chapter 5

~Let me help you~

Dannys P.O.V.

I stood there in the pouring rain as I saw her being pulled into baileys house. Why did she do that to herself? Shes beautiful. Why doesnt she want me around her? Have I done something wrong? I just wanted to help. I wanted her in my arms. I wanted to take care of her but she wouldnt let me. I turned back around as I headed back inside and changed out of my wet clothes. I sat on my bed contemplating going over to pauls. I really needed to talk to him. Ever since lunch he's been texting me nonstop asking me why ali ran away and why I was crying but I couldnt talk to anyone then. I have settled down a little now so I decided I could handle talking.

To paul: come over to talk.

From paul: be there soon.

I sat on my bed and watched some spongebob to get my mind of things until paul gets here. Soon enough there was a knock on my bedroom door. He rarely ever knocks but he knew I was upset.

"Come in" I mumbled. He slowly opened the door and sat next to me on the bed.

"So....... What exactly happened today"?

"She cuts" I whispered.

"Danny I cant hear you".

"I SAID she cuts" he looked at me eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

"7 of them on her left wrist. She's probably going to have more because of me. But what am I supposed to do? She wont let me help her!" I was practically yelling now. I was pacing around the room trying to calm down and find a solution all at the same time.

"Calm down".

"DUDE I CANT CALM DOWN! WHAT IF THE REASON SHE CUTS IS BECAUSE OF ME! I WANTED TO TELL HER HOW I FEEL BUT THAT WOULD SCREW EVERYTHING UP! I MEAN WHAT SHOULD I DO?! WHAT SHOULD I DO!????" I slumped against the wall my head in my hands as I broke down and tears slid down my face.

"Listen to me. She doesnt cut because of you. Its probably because of her dad. She doesnt hate you she just thinks that you think that shes a monster. Tell her. Tell her how she isnt a monster and how you wanna help her".

I looked up "Will that actually work"?

"It should if she trusts you enough she will let you help her".

We were quiet for a while, both of us probably thinking.

"I havent visited bailey yet. Im scared I think something bad happened to her and thats why she wont let us see her yet. Im scared she wont let me see her he blurted out.

"Ill try if you will?" I asked.

We fist pounded.

"Deal".

~*~*~*~

"PAUL"!

"WHAT"?

"IM HUNGRY"!

"YOU HAVE LEGS AND YOU KNOW WHERE THE FRIDGE IS"!

"UGGHHHH FINE"!

I got up from watching spongebob to walk to the frigde. Paul was doing I dont even know what in the other room. I rummiged through cabinets until I went to the freezer and decided on pizzarolls. I poured a random amount on a plate and stuck them in the microwave. My phone buzzed on the counter. A text. From ali.

From ali: I didnt cut today.

To ali: thats good.

From ali: I still dont want you near me.