CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - NOT TWO BUT THREE

(Jack Beckham P.O.V).

1 week later .....

It's funny how I came from a small office worker to being related to the new appointed CEO, to apparently having some relation to this man named Ae.

The faint smell of used plastic gloves, the whitewashed walls and the deathly brown jagged curtains that hung only reminded me how much I hated hospitals.

Tar and Ae had disappeared around the corner not long ago, I gave up on trying to follow them and took a seat near the nurses station.

Not wasting no time a few days after the incident at the Café Tar demanded a DNA which was more of a me thing to do. I didn't understand why he was so worked up about the whole situation. Judging by Ae it doesn't take common sense to know we must be somehow related.

"Must find out", he kept on muttering over and over, has we made our way to the hospital.

Who would've thought I'd come from a simple office worker, to being related to the CEO of a multi-million dollar company and now this. Apart of me hated myself for not being able to remember the time me and Tar spent together, not that it would've made a difference but at least there'd be better closure between the two of us. 

I stood beaming at the little paper boats I've made from the brochures, all lined out on the floor, my inner child growing. Growing up I was very sickly, I'd have to sit back in my room at the orphanage as the other kids went out side to play in the downpour and set their paper boats to sail in the lake nearby, something I was never able to experience. To make up for it a caregiver was kind enough to lend me the tub inside so I can have a bit of fun on my own. 

Boredom and curiosity was growing on me so with the help of an attending I got directions, making my way through the halls to the room Tar and Ae was to be. Boredom and curiosity was growing on me. Tar wasn't there but Ae was, he slowly looked up at me, tears threatening to fall as his trembling body sat folded on a chair. Without thinking I slide in the next chair and cradled him in my arms. The world is cruel, but I never thought I'd see the day, I got my fair share of it. Muffled voices  came from outside along with heavy footsteps followed by the slamming of the door. Tar stood there, drenched from the rain, no one said a word, just the sound of the rain against the window filled the room. 

Ae was our brother, it was no longer two of us but three lost souls. 

For the rest of the night we stayed wrapped in each others embrace, the whole place turning lifeless as the darkness painted the sky. 

The Brothers have found each other, now what ?