CHAPTER TWELVE - R.I.P.

(Still in flashback Tar P.O.V 10 years old).

I turned my attention back to the wall in a flash, completely ignoring Daniel, my personal bodyguard. Well former little piece of trash who snitched on me and didn't even defend me. The unforgivable action of this man.

What  is he doing here. asked my subconsciousness, after he betrayed me in such a way. He was to protect me not turn his back on me like some homeless junk.

I mean theoretically its pretty obvious what his ulterior motive is which is to come make fun of me or better yet torture me so I leave this earth in loving peace

Rusty darkened wine coloured blood, gracefully landed on all pointe on the dust ridden wall. My finger nail frantically cascading down the cold tiles below.

A second wasn't even spared for I yanked off the railing, the rest of my finger nails went on a rapid relay and claimed the wall creases for their finish line.

My head was violently pulled back to look into the face of my saviour. But all I could do was stare in horror at my prize winning work of art that was displayed on the wall.

The blood dripped from the creases of the wall, where my fingernails were embedded. It was a wholesome painful desire.

"Hmph, you see what stubbornness causes, if you listened to me you would've still have your fingernails intact".

This bastard.

I stiffened has his breath fanned my neck, my teeth clenched in anger, my fist ready to dismantle his perfectly whitened teeth.

"Just do what that saint of a Grandfather that I have, told you to do to me and get t over with, nothing irritates me more than when a person beats around the bush".

"Oh right I forgot, he told me to free you, curse me and my old brain".

Ugh What! why would he set me free, well that would be good. No No you idiot of course he wouldn't set you free, this must be a joke, a method of pure humiliation. 

I mentally slapped myself for being such a dumbass.

I was too caught up in my own thoughts that I failed to notice him placing a blindfold over my eyes and his rough crusty hands claiming my chin. 

"I've been your personal bodyguards for years, it hurts to see you like this you know", I sniffled a laughter has is tear filled voice erupted in my ear.

Pathetic much, cause I look like a fool to you, don't I. I twisted myself out of his hold and turned so that I could face him, putting on my best smile. I inhaled deeply, calming myself before my strong desire to just jump and strangle him to death, over powers me.

"Why do this, just why!, just kill me already", I practically barked, my whole body trembling against the cold and battered floor, my fingers were so numb they resembled drumbstick.

With no response given he got up and strode over to the other side of the room, doing God he knows what. I felt uneasy for I couldn't see anything, just the faint sound of his stealthy movements .

Time flied has the clock ticked away doing its daily routine. The darkness devouring me and my dear friends from the mosquito kingdom that came placing love bits and all on my skin.

I stretched out my legs until they reached the max and dropped my head on a stack of old books, that was stacked in the corner, begging to be cleaned and freed from its torment.

I didn't know when and how I fell asleep but when I woke up I found myself in a dark tunnel, which was actually the big drainage pipe that lead to the floor of a man made lake that had been dried for years.

Wiping away the temptation of sleep, I focused my eyes on the blurry figure that kept watch over me, Daniel ?.

"What's the meaning of this?." I asked, my voice sounding like it has been dancing on ice.

There was a moment of silence, in which I took the time to take in his dreadful state. His clothes were ripped almost to nothing, cuts and bruises were like ornaments that decorated his skin, his eyes screaming a sea full of emotions.

With trembling fingers he reached out and placed my hands in his, forcing me to look directly in his face. Say this man is quite handsome, still puzzled that he's still single.

"Tar I've been your personal bodyguard for as long as I could remember, and always thought of you has my one and only son, who I've sworn to protect with my life, sorry if I failed you, but I had no choice earlier, but I hope this makes up for my mistake".

Tears ran down his face, the same way water rushes over the rock in a waterfall. I don't admit such emotional things at times but I do feel the same way too. Daniel was like a father figure to me. A friend I could come to when I'm sad. All this since my real dad wasn't around much.

Always dishing his head in truck loads of business deals , new developments and long chains of international business trips. 

Maybe I should turn myself into a mountain stack of gold then he may give me some attention. 

Didn't know materialistic things where more important than your own flesh and blood.

With my emotions getting the best of me I pushed forward capturing his broad shoulders in my hands, bringing him into a tight embrace, not wanting to let go.

"I forgive you Daniel, no need to feel bad", were the words that danced its way out of my mouth.

We both pulled away at the same time, his tough hands which felt like the surface of Sandpaper firmly gripping the sides of my face.

"Listen to me carefully Tar, just a few more distance to cover and we'll be at the end of this tunnel and once we reach, I want you to run, don't look back no matter what happens, just go find a place where you can hide for awhile and find your parents the moment you can leave, your only hope now is to save your parents and your brother, I never wanted things to turn out this way but its not like I can predict the future, look I'm really sorry Tar but there are some things that rather remain unknown, yes there some things your grandfather as done, but I think its best you don't know about them now, count this has our last meeting, So just go and find a safe place with you and your family".

Before tears decided to take me and trash me around a canvas and claimed me as its artwork 'The Boy who cried, his last tears' I turned around and scampered toward the exit.

The cold night wind swept its fingers over my thin legs, causing me to arch my back upon the impact, that sent shivers through my body.

When my feet finally reached firm soil, I looked up seeing Daniel follow.

Since we where already out, Just as we discussed I started running, I don't know where but, possibly as far as I could get from this place, but then my blood went cold, my whole body drenched in sweat as I turned around expecting the worse. My mind was a chaos my fist clenched in anger, from the sight that greeted me.

 I couldn't see the face but I saw a gun firmly planted on the center of Daniels head, ready to release the trigger anytime. Blood gushed from his legs as he dropped to his knees, his eyes never leaving mine. Without hesitation the man released a bullet in his back, causing him to fall face down in the ground.

Using the last of his strength he raised his head as dirt and grass toppled out his mouth along with volumes of blood. Thorns and small stones picked his face causing a bloody mess which resembled drizzling rain. His shaking hands shot forward has he uttered his last words.

"Go".