CHAPTER ELEVEN - CLOSE TO FREEDOM .

(Still in flashback Tar P.O.V 10 years old).

I sat there watching my chest rise and fall, my cold breath frosting the mirror that stood before me.

"Tie him up and let him look in the mirror to reflect on himself and realize what a pain in the ass he is" words from a man who collects women like they are playing cards.

It was a cold night for winter was fast approaching and the only sounds that could be heard were the crickets that claimed the tall grass as their kingdom. Singing their chant which was about to  drive me crazy.

Ignoring the torments of the little green creatures, I focused my attention on an owl which perched up high on the willow tree in the garden. It looked back at me, cocking its head to the side, has if contemplating if it should smack me in the face for looking like a creep.

Hmph, Creep you call it, no my friend I just wish I was that free.

I was soon occupied with the task of wrapping my hands around my slender figure, dragging my finger nails along  my skin, capturing small streams of blood, I can't  describe the feeling but the blood on my skin was what gave me some sense of warmth.

It was then I remembered my damaged leg, which was now wrapped in bandage, yet still my legs were still pretty useless. Preventing me to move around quickly.

The fire that lay upon the torches on the wall swayed to the wind that swam through the bars of the cell opening, mimicking the dancing statue that resembled a ghost that stood  firmly in the center of the cell. The fire has the woman and the wind has the snake.

My fingers trailed along the stone titles that covered what was once bare dirt. If this where I'll be for the rest  of my life then I'll just accept my fate.

My mind was a chaotic mess, has I tried to cook up many dishes aka ideas on how to escape this horrid place.

Then I remembered the cell opening, with bars that stretched across its frame. It was a reasonable size, big enough for me to go through.

But there was only one problem. How the hell am I going to get up there.

For the next few minutes, my eyes were fixed on the cell opening, streams of sweat rolling off my body, the continuous  snapping sound of my teeth taking my fingernails hostage, biting them the second they enter my mouth.

The worse thing about it was that the whole room was empty except for the old mirror and a stone statue , not like I had some super power to use it has a leverage and fly my way out. Damn it!!

With almost no brain cells left, I leaned on the wall for some support, when I felt a rectangular brick that stuck out and was flushed against my skin. Almost demanding me to turn around and look at it.

And I did but not in vain, for now I knew exactly how I'm going to get out.

Apparently this last rectangular brick acted like mechanism so once it is pushed out the other show their pretty faces.

From the floor level up the same rectangular bricks stuck out, forming a ladder like structure that ended at the opening.

Without thinking twice I hurriedly started making my way up, until there came a voice.

"I wouldn't climb up there if I were you, you don't even know what awaits you".

I turned around, straining my eyes to see beyond the darkness. The sound of footsteps became louder has the approaching figure came closer, finally emerging from the drakness.

You!!!

Also:

- Follow the Author (me - Hellowrongnumber).

- Like and Comment

- And share the book with other readers that would mean a lot to me.

- Adios!!!!!.!.