CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - NOW WHAT

Tar Valentine (P.O.V)

The rest of the night passed by quite slowly, as no one really said anything, it was too much to comprehend, so many questions left unanswered. Jack and Ae went back home via an uber, for we collectively decided to take some personal time apart for a while to process it all and regroup tomorrow.

.....

Morning finally came, paired with the angry sounds of the rain, I didn't mind rain was my favourite weather, it's just so soothing and puts me in a mighty mood to sleep. I spent the early part of my morning going for a jog and a walk in the park. I've moved here not too long ago and its just now I've gotten the chance to really see the place for what it is. A few cafes here and there and a cute little pet shop down the street. I've always laid off the thought of getting a pet but never felt responsible enough, perhaps another time.

After what felt like an eternity, I lazily dragged myself down stairs to fix a cup of tea. I was never a fan of coffee, it was good but it left this odd after taste in my mouth which turned me off, so I just stick with my good old tea which never disappoints. I didn't reach too far in my so not imaginative romance with my cup of tea, when I heard the doorbell ringing. I signaled my butler to go for I was in no mod for seeing anyone at this point. It's probably those kids from next door asking for club scouts donations.

"You know club scouts aren't that bad right, just little children having fun" I immediately recognized the voice of none other than Jack himself and turned to see him sporting the cockiest grin.

"Well someone seems to be in high spirits, totally unfazed by the turn of events and having the audacity to tell me to be kind to those little pest"

"Oh come don't be so cold now you were a child once too"

"Keyword once, ad not like I remember much of it, for I didn't get to live it"

"I know Tar and I'm sorry but doesn't excuse your attitude at times, I didn't have it easy myself' anyways here's some breakfast I bought, texted Ae said he'll be here any minute"

We sat and chatted for a bit while devouring all the options of food Jack got us for breakfast until a loud bang came from the living room followed by Ae barging into the kitchen.

"Well you don't look so good"

Visible dark circles and glossy eyes, ruffled hair and the same crushes suit from yesterday was more than enough to tell that he didn't sleep.

He strut his way over to his and slammed a document down the center of the table.

"I'm afraid I'll have to cut breakfast short, I found something last night and I think you both deserve to know"

Putting breakfast on hold we followed him to the living room, where we gathered around a table waiting for him to speak.

"Firstly, who's Dewight Beckham to the both of you"

"Our Grandfather" we both replied in unison

"Well he was my dad, as far as I knew growing up"

Wait what did grand father have another son and Ae is our uncle rather than our brother that we've been thinking the whole time. I knew grandfather wasn't loyal to grandma, but would he even have time to have another child at the time. But that makes no sense we look alike everything matches up, the DNA test sealed it all of us being brothers is a higher possibility, I don't understand.

Jack and I glanced at each other both of us both visibly confused and shocked at the same time. Too shocked for words.

As if reading our minds Ae spoke up once more hitting us with more details.

"Don't get me wrong I do believe we are brothers, last night had me thinking like growing up something never felt right, sure I resembled him but not by much and I didn't even look like nothing like my mother, I just...

"Stop, stop right there" I don't how I'm so dumb I was so happy and in rush that I was so blind to the truth right infornt of me, that forgot what I came here for. I came to find Jack, which I did, then came Ae who not only looks like us but by DNA is related to us. I've been so consumed with the now that I forgot the then. The note, the note I found in the garden shed a few years back, I totally forgot about it.

Well look at how much the family has grown , me , you and your third grandchild , well our son , ha ha nobody has to know ssh , love you . Merry Christmas . - Liffy Chang .

At that time I thought I was going insane and maybe I'm overthinking, but no there really was one of us, that DNA was test was right, made sense why grandfather reacted that way when he heard I found the note, now it made sense why he locked me away, he wanted to keep me away from Jack but that was just one reason it was deeper than that, that note was true it wasn't a joke, he didn't want word out, in fear I'd speak what I saw he decided to lock me away to keep me shut and make sure I didn't say a word, make sure I wasn't able to tell my parents of the death he had planned for them cause he didn't want them to find out.

Nothing could compare to the wave of emotions I was feeling right now, as I fought every urge to just find this man and murder him for all the pain he had caused me.

"Liffy Chang, is her name isn't it" I muttered slowly looking up to Ae for answers.

"What?'

"Liffy Chang, is your mothers name isn't it" I repeated seething with anger.

"Yess..." he replied cautiously, reaching out to hold my hands, before speaking again

"What is it Tar, we are all in this together to figure this out"

Taking a deep breath I regained my composure before proceeding, carefully choosing my words, I repeated the same story I told Jack placing keen emphasis on the picture with the note, since it applied more to him carefully watching as he took it all in, not far from a whole mental breakdown.

"So in other words you are without a doubt our brother Ae, incase you didn't trust that DNA test, now you know our story"

Now I know you all wondering if he kept me hostage, how am I here now, why am I leading the company, where is he now.

I'm only leading this company to honor my dad who played a major role in the companies development and I only got out for one day the guard who watched over me passed word my grandfather was gone without a word and that I was able to go, but I never left so easy, I killed all who took part in this over the years, threatened the board to let me take charge of the company and here I am reunited with my brothers. All collectively wondering, where is that asshole Dewight Beckham.

Also:

- Follow the Author (me - Hellowrongnumber).

- Like and Comment

- And share the book with other readers that would mean a lot to me.

- Adios!!!!!.