CHAPTER THREE - A MATTER OF TIME .

(Jack P.O.V)

It was around twelve in the afternoon as I sat slopped down in my office chair. Legs open with my head resting in the palm of my hands. My whole being covered in a pool of sweat.

I desperately tried to ignore all the shouting and screaming that was thrown left, right and center, but all seamlessly slipping through one ear and diving out the other.

Feeling as if I was seconds to my death I clutched my chest, folding my hands into a fist, opening and closing every few seconds mimicking the rhythm of my heart beat.

And my oh so lovely co-workers more like a bunch of headless chickens skipping around without wings, were of no help to my mountain rising panic.

At this very moment I'm just waiting to collapse soon, although It sucks to die young, but now is a time I wish the earth could just open up and swallow me.

Getting some strength from god who knows where, I clung to the sides of my desk, lifting myself on my tip toes in the hope of seeing above the ever growing tower of documents on my table. Yep my life sucks.

Ah!! I yelled jumping from my chair which was now soaked with coffee thanks to this light post aka Co-worker who just passed by, apparently gaining wings to move fast in the process. Argh who would know the visiting of one man could cause so much chaos.

Well look who is talking looking like I had spent ages in the Amazon bason before finding my way out. Thumbs up to those who actually look human at this present moment.

I was left not to think anymore has I felt a slender finger poking my sides which belonged to no other than Leafy Fang my only female best friend since high school.

She is more of an all round tomboy and is normally seen wearing pants and loose shirts to work and strictly no makeup. But today she had me speechless to the fact I thought I was loosing my mind, viewing a completely different person.

Before I could utter human language a mirror was shoved into my hands with her making full use of it to adjust her fake eyelashes.

"So how do I look" she spat, Twirling around ending with a run way model pose.

"What on gods earth are you wearing" I barked gesturing to the mini tight skirt and low v neck, see through blouse she had on, not to miss the silky mesh strings that criss-cross over her back, revealing hints of bare skin.

"Oh please, you really don't know how to compliment a woman" she scuffed, stopping down to adjust the straps on her heels. Only then I noticed the ready made stick on nails that were currently on display.

"Well I mean it could be simpler" I said fumbling with the back of my neck I was completely lost for words, this is not the Leafy Fang I know, but I was immediately brought back to reality when I felt a stabbing pain were my toes were located.

"What the hell was that for!" I yelled motioning to her heels that were currently planted on my foot.

"Serve you right hmph do you know how many hours I spent last night practicing to walk in these skyscrapers not to mention my now close to empty bank account due to my intense shopping to buy these babies" she said pointing her fingers at her body, batting her eyelashes in the process.

"Not to mention it's you and Joe always saying how I should dress more feminine once in a while" she said gesturing to my male best friend who was currently helping some girl zip he dress, who I would not be surprised if she died due to loss of ability to breathe, and dear lord don't get me started with the bold red lipstick that she continuously plastered on her lips. Also looking like she was impatient and just threw the whole bottle of foundation on her face.

Now back to the problem at hand.

"Well yes I mean but no need to look like you are about to tryout for the circus" I said voicing my true thoughts.

"Well to hell with you" and that was it, she was gone within a matter of seconds, off to a corner to continue pampering herself.

And that's how you lose a friend over some dude never seen by my eye.

Sigh

I stopped in my tracks took a long deep breath, not caring if I deprived anyone of oxygen, as if I would care, collecting my thoughts before sprinting off to the restroom to release my misery.

Just ten more minutes and then faith shall have its way. { TO BE CONTINUED ... } .

- Comment down below if you what's gonna happen next.

Also:

- Follow the Author (me -  Hellowrongnumber).

- Like and Comment

- And share the book with other readers that would mean a lot to me.

- Adios!!!!!.!.