Was it staged?

"Like jamilton but Thomas is a quirky theatre nerd and he slowly introduces Alex to the show they're doing for school until he joins, gets a role who they were somehow missing who just happens to have to kiss Thomas' character" 

Requested by:

(SORRY THIS WAS SO FUCKIN DELAYED I'VE BEEN KINDA BUSY LATELY owo; )

Tw: Homophobia. 

Reference to the book 'Drama' By Raina Telegmeier. 

I really liked making this one, drama has a special place in my heart. And kind of made me a theater kid ngl.

*+*+*

Thomas Jefferson. Known As the biggest theater kid in the school.  Finally roped his frenemy. Alex Hamilton into the school play.. somehow. Alex looked over at the school lunch he was provided. "So we're gonna memorize a script and recited on the stage as the character." Alex recapped. Thomas nodded, digging into his Mac and cheese. "...Coolio." "Coolio? Who the fuck says coolio? It's 2022 Alex." Thomas chuckles. "I do because I'm cool." 

A moment of kind of awkward silence. They the burst out laughing. "You're just as a nerd as me!" Thomas teases. Alex gasps. "You take that back! I actually get bitches!" Alex remarks. "Which turned to be a lesbian." Thomas said, deadpan. "Dammit." Alex grumbles. Thomas pats his head. "Wait! Angelica!" "Theodosia Prevost." "FUCK." 

==

Thomas and Alex walked out of the auditorium, tired from the audition. And hearing terrible singing from others. 

"...Are you deaf?" Thomas asked, stretching.

"I wish." Alex replied. 

"Celebratory fast food to clear our minds of the horrors we had to listen to today?" 

"Indeed Tommy!" 

"Don't call me that."

==

The cast list is up. Everyone crowed around the flyer, the poor drama teacher nearly had to swim out of the crowd of pubescent teenagers. 

'I don't get paid enough for this shit.' The teacher thought, leaving.

"I got the lead!!" Angelica yelled out, excited. Meanwhile Thomas wasn't so happy. 

"What's wrong Thomas?" 

"I also got the lead." 

"That's awesome!! Wh- OHHH..." 

"Yeah. I have to kiss ANGELICA." Thomas frowned. 

Alex snorts. "Come on you. You're lucky it's only two shows."

Thomas smiled. "Yeah.. can you help me with my lines? Maybe you can do Annabelle." (the person in the play I'm a basic bitch okay? I'm tired.)

"Sure!" Alex smiled.

==

Everything went off without a hitch. Props were slightly problematic but ended up well. Costumes were amazingly done. Hercules is a god with a sewing machine. Thomas having a tiny gay panic attack the first time Angelica kissed him in the show. Alex however was in stage crew. Not a major person in the crew. Just a a member. 

Then the tragedy struck. That tragedy? Angelica slipping on stage.  She limped over to backstage as Thomas sang, worried about Angelica but trying to get keep the show going. 

Angelica was also worried. The cue for her to come in was closing in and closing in quickly.  

"Angie you cannot go back out that leg is most likely sprained." Aaron, said, tucking back his locs (yes he has locs in this universe) and icing Angelica's leg.

"But it's my cue!" she whined.

Alex looked at Thomas out on stage, the song had reached crescendo, nearing it's end. (Music me rds correct me if I'm wrong please lord I'm stupid.)Alex felt a lump in his throat. How could he throw away Thomas' shot at being the best in the play? How could he do that to his best friend? 

"Who else do we know who knows every li-"

"I do." Alex said, interrupting Aaron.

"Alex-"

"Give me the FUCKING DRESS AARON."

==

As Thomas's ballad had reached the emotional end, the lights dimmed only slightly. Then he turned to hear a voice, a male voice. He looked at Alex, his hair down, well half of his was tied back, he was in Angelica's dress. Thomas was mesmerized at the sight. Watching Alex play out the lines in the song, like they'd practice in his room. Alex neared Thomas, grabbing his hands, smiling softly. Thomas cupped his cheek, rubbing it gently.

And with that they kissed. 

Silence in the crowd, mostly in awe. However the show had to go on. However both Aaron and Angelica notice something. When the lights go out they didn't immediately pull away. So they were wondering, were they acting for the sake of the play or were they really kissing?

==

Alex sat on the cold concrete. Getting away from all the ruckus and the aforementioned pubescent teenagers in sweaty costumes eating greasy pizza and drinking cold soda. 

"Hey there lover boy, what's on your mind?" He chuckled, moving Thomas' curls away so he could see him.

"...did you really want to kiss me?"

"...huh."

"Don't play dumb dumbass. Was it staged or not?" Thomas' tone got more demanding.

"...no. It wasn't. You kissed back." Alex chuckled.

"True. Can we kiss now, fair Annabelle~?" Thomas said, teasingly.

Alex gave him a soft peck on the lips, stood up and turned to go back to the gym. 

"Good night Tommy." He said, smiling.

"...G'night Darlin'."

End!