The cause to the sorrow in your eyes. Angst.

Requested by —>

Lams

TW: Homophobia

John and Alex have a good relationship. Good foundation, never fought. And was expecting a baby soon.

They were perfect.

WERE.

To Alex it seemed like ever since he got pregnant, John had become distant. His drawings became darker and more sad. 

Alex walked into John frame of view. 

"Jacky...?"

John looked up, his eyes were dull.

"C-Can we talk?" Alex asked, trying to ignore the fact that John had no other emotion in his eyes. 

"About?"

"U-Us... w-well you.. I- just.. You've been really distant and I'm really scared that it's because of me. Like I'm not doing enough, and I'm sorry if I am.." Alex continued to ramble, he didn't even notice the tear forming in his eyes. John took Alex's shaking hands.

"I-I didn't want to be the cause to sorrow in your eyes..."

"N-No! Alex it's not you at all!" John cupped Alex's cheek, wiping away some of the tears that had fallen with his thumb. 

"I didn't mean to make you feel like that at all!" John said, upset he made Alex feel like this. 

"I-I'm sorry for all of this Alex.I-.." John pills out his phone and opens a message from his father, basically saying homophobic slurs and that John was not his son anymore. 

"I-I just... it cut deep and I didn't mean to take it out on you." 

"I-It's okay.." 

John started playing with Alex face, which made him start to laugh. 

"Stahp- squishin'- mah- face-" 

"But it's cute and squishy Ally!!!" John whined before kissing Alex's cheek. 

Alex took John hands and put them on his stomach. John smiled at the feeling of his child moving slightly.

And just like that. They were perfect again.