37. Goblet Confrontation

Start from the beginning

Blood.

This means they extracted it from an unknown person.

"Welcome to the Sister's Circle, Ava. We rule things in this castle and by joining us, you will get all the power you need." Bishop Cicilia raised her goblet at me, expecting me to take a hold of the other.

"You,"

I turned to Francesca, pointing at her.

"You're charged with attempted murder, conspiracy and treason for your deeds,"

"W-What do you mean? Why aren't you taking a hold of the goblet, Ava?!" she shrieked angrily, clenching the hems of her gown. "Just who do you think you are?"

A fighter. A fighter of injustice.

"You sent those bandits to end me in the forest." "Francesca, Francesca." I mocked, just like she did when I entered... "Don't you ever learn? You act so smart but your tricks are too petty as a toddler's."

Her pupils dilated to red, so did her fangs elongate as she reached to hit me. I gave a smirk, dodging her moves in defense without hitting her. I could tell she was highly frustration, because she told Cicilia not to interfere.

"Ava!!!"

"I know my name." I retorted with a glare.

"You have no right to talk to us this way. Guards!" Cicilia yelled. Manly footsteps pounded on the floor instantly. They rushed in, with fighting stance. But I smiled, knowing the contents of the rule book.

"Arrest her!"

"I-I'm sorry m-my Bishop but we need the authority of the Masterpiece to arrest her."

"Why? Aren't our ranks higher than hers?" Cicilia asked.

"I-It's not that. A Knight is the backbone of every Kingdom. Extremely skilled and with honor, without them, we would lose every fight." The head guard replied.

"You're dismissed then, all of you! Get out!" Francesa yelled, throwing some items at them. They rushed out at her orders, while I stood folding my hands.

"I could deal with her for you, My Rook."

Cicilia chimed in, extending her paws and fangs with red vision.

"Attack me, Cicilia and wait till I expose of how you broke the rules of the game, sending Tania and her crew to eliminate me." I stated.

Her face tinted in embarrassment, that instant. With her mouth quivering. Her partner in crime, looked at her surprisingly. Seems like she didn't even know too.

"You're an obvious bimbo and sometimes I wonder how you chose a holy rank- a Bishop, of all ranks."

There was a reason I chose to bring that up now. Tania had been weakened by the fact that I was her first love. She ended up telling me that day.

And I took advantage of it.

What was good for the goose, was good for the gander. Even if her intentions with me were pure, she put me through a lot. And there was no way I was forgetting that.

"Desecrating that name as a harlot dancer."

I added, spitting at her feet, in disgust.

"How dare you?!"

"Do.Not.Shout,"

"And submit," My wolf made me add.

As I said those words, I felt an expression of dominance. Something like a Luna authority, something supreme that made them bare their necks. They fought it, but it was highly obvious.

"W-what's happening?"
Francesca cried out. "What are you doing to us, Ava?" She added, while Cicilia weakly whimpered. As the weak one, beads of sweat on her forehead.

"There you are!"

Someone appeared into the room, saying. She was clothed in absolute black, overall and dressed weirdly with white marks on her face.

Nynaeve.

"The Witches of the Mines made me come to you, since you won't come to me, as I asked you too." she added.

"Nynaeve! Get her with your spells! Show this pawn her place!" Francesca suddenly yelled.

"I'm sorry but I can't." Nynaeve replied.

"W-What w-why? You should know the amount of power I wield in this castle. I am above Ava, so you should answer to me." Francesca voiced out.

My brows wriggled at Nynaeve's intentions.

"Aren't the Rook and Bishop off limits, Nynaeve?" I asked instantly.

"I believe in legitimacy, My Knight. People who gain power through illegitimate means, shouldn't be honored."

I chuckled at her words. It was almost like I had found a friend and soulmate, who was a witch.

"Shall we?"

She outstretched her hands. I took them, slowly. Last thing I saw were the astonished expressions on Francesca and Cicilia's faces. Next thing I knew, we disappeared.

...

It has been a few minutes since I got to an unknown location with Nynaeve. It seemed like her home although.

Her home was little on the outside and quite voluminous, on the inside. In between trees, she stated it was a requirement. Every witch from her clan, had to be close to 'Mother Nature' so she didn't get angry.

There were artefacts and weird creatures in her home. Things she told me not to touch. The weirdest part was when I saw a baby Phoenix who died, and almost immediately, was born from its ashes.

"Did you get any message so far?" she asked.

"Huh?"

I let out immediately. Her words jeered me out of the mysteries of her home. But it didn't mean I could think straight. My hands rubbed my stomach protectively.

"Did you get any hint, out of the ordinary from any supernatural force?" she asked again.

The image of the virtuous woman with the red hair, appeared in my head instantly.

"From the ex-queen of the castle, yes."

"Lady Archer." she stated, with her eyes widening. We halted in front of a crystal ball, which was illuminating so brightly that I couldn't see what was in it.

"Give me your hands, My Knight."

I did as she said, outstretching my hands to hers.

"I know my enemy, Nynaeve. He's King Teta. I just need directions on how to get the box as the chosen one." I stated firmly.

"Wrong."

"You do not know." she added, with her eyes locked in mine. I watched her close her eyes.

"Then tell me." I urged.

Wanted to know if my suspicious was right after all!

"The hidden enemy has been the one pulling the strings. You all were like a puppet in her tricking game."

"Who is she?"

"Lydia."

"Lydia is dead. I ended her myself." I stated.

"What she made you think."

My heart thudded in fast paces as I wandered how this was even possible.

"She came to this castle in disguise of a mere pawn, using her spells to feign immortality- a fighting peak blessing from the Moon Goddess."

"Lydia fed the major enemy with information. The Goddess says she will be back."

***

Thought to make an update for you all, considering we're doing well in the ranking lists. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter.
Would give details on my next updates, on my Instagram @ra_high_eels❤️❤️🌹